CatBanter

-   Cat Information (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   rec.pets.cats: Basic Health Care FAQ (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10256)

RPC FAQ Poster November 29th 04 10:36 AM

rec.pets.cats: Basic Health Care FAQ

: "The Police man put the gun to my head, I was very a-scared!"

* "1984", author George Orwell, 1949, ISBN 0-679-41739-7
*
* Hardly a week passed in which the Times did not carry a paragraph
* describing how some eavesdropping little sneak --- 'child hero' was
* the phrase generally used --- had overheard some compromising remark
* and denounced his parents to the Thought Police.

# "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", by Jack Herer, 1992, ISBN 1-878125-00-1
#
# The Police-taught DARE program encourages students to turn in
# friends and family by becoming a police informant.

: Real life: a child in school answers the friendly and inquiring police
: officer teaching about drug dangers that yes their parents have some
: of the displayed paraphernalia.
:
: A search warrant is issued, the parents are arrested, and
: the child is put into custody of Child Welfare workers.

# "The Feds Under Our Beds", By James Bovard, The New York Times, 9/6/1995
#
# The Justice Department confiscated the home of an elderly Cuban-American
# couple in Miami after the couple was arrested for playing host to a weekly
# poker game for family and friends.

* "Nynex Mistake Brings Scholarship Offer", NYT, 4/26/1995