CatBanter

-   -   OT - Baby hummingbirds (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89167)

Joy June 11th 08 07:08 AM

OT - Baby hummingbirds

My daughter, who has had hummingbird nests outside the windows of her house,
and whose husband has gotten some good shots, sent me this:

"We've watched a hummingbird nest before, but never got photos like this!"
(My daughter's words)

THE BIRTH OF A HUMMINGBIRD
This is truly amazing. Be sure to click on NEXT PAGE at the bottom of
each page; there are 5 pages in all. A lady found a hummingbird nest and got
pictures all the way from the egg to leaving the nest. It took 24 days from
birth to flight. Because you'll probably never in your lifetime see this
again, enjoy, and please share.
Watch the Dates as you flip.
Go to this site: http://community.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM

--
Joy

Constant change is here to stay.

Granby June 11th 08 11:57 AM

OT - Baby hummingbirds

I love hummingbirds and these pictures are great. Going to frame them!
There are so few this summer. I had 50 or so by this time last year and
only about 6 now. Two pairs have used some of the ct hair I put out for
their nests.

ollie2 June 12th 08 12:08 AM

OT - Baby hummingbirds

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
Thank you so much for those very special, precious photographes. Amazing.
Appreciate you posting them.
Charleen, who would love to welcome birds back into her yard, but Victor
Velcro isn't nicknamed LK (Lethal Killer) for Nothing.

"Joy" wrote in message
My daughter, who has had hummingbird nests outside the windows of her
house, and whose husband has gotten some good shots, sent me this:

"We've watched a hummingbird nest before, but never got photos like
this!" (My daughter's words)

THE BIRTH OF A HUMMINGBIRD
This is truly amazing. Be sure to click on NEXT PAGE at the bottom of
each page; there are 5 pages in all. A lady found a hummingbird nest and
got pictures all the way from the egg to leaving the nest. It took 24
days from birth to flight. Because you'll probably never in your lifetime
see this again, enjoy, and please share.
Watch the Dates as you flip.
Go to this site: http://community.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM

--
Joy

Constant change is here to stay.

Joy, I first met humming birds when we visited the US some years ago. I
was enchanted with them as there are none in New Zealand. Thank you for
sharing these lovely pictures.

Bev

Marina June 12th 08 03:42 AM

OT - Baby hummingbirds

Joy wrote:
Watch the Dates as you flip.
Go to this site: http://community.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM

This was a lovely series! Thanks for posting, Joy.