CatBanter

-   -   Food Question (please read, then killfile the troll) (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16248)

GAUBSTER2 February 16th 04 03:54 PM

Food Question (please read, then killfile the troll)

From: Laura R.

I neither particularly like nor desire children, which means that I
am very fortunate not to have them. There is absolutely nothing about
your life that will ever inspire envy in me, you bitter, sagging
frump.

People w/o children usually respond to other people in the manner in which you
did. Why are you so bitter and angry? As for "fortunate", it doesn't just
"happen" to you, you have to make a decision to "have" them. I'm glad someone
such as you DOESN'T have children....as nasty and rude as you've been on this
entire ng, I wouldn't want an impressionable little one growing up thinking
it's okay to treat others the way that you do.

Yngver February 16th 04 04:02 PM

(GAUBSTER2) wrote:

As for "fortunate", it doesn't just
"happen" to you, you have to make a decision to "have" them.

I know people to whom it just "happened" despite efforts to prevent it, and I
also know people who have been trying for years but it hasn't "happened." So
fortune is certainly a factor.

Cathy Friedmann February 16th 04 04:40 PM

From: Laura R.

I neither particularly like nor desire children, which means that I
am very fortunate not to have them. There is absolutely nothing about
your life that will ever inspire envy in me, you bitter, sagging
frump.

People w/o children usually respond to other people in the manner in which

you
did. Why are you so bitter and angry?

Could it have to do w/ the fact that some people who have kids through
choice, assume that all females *must* desire them, & that to live a life
sans kids must fruitless, in more ways than one?? That the woman is not
fulfilling her obligation here on earth? Arghhhhh.

As for "fortunate", it doesn't just
"happen" to you, you have to make a decision to "have" them.

Unfortunately, it does sometimes just "happen". Ever hear of BC that
failed? Or the lack of using BC, for whatever reason (not the subconscious
wish to get pregnant, either)?

Cathy

--
"When it's not too hot, not too cold
Not too meek, not too bold

PawsForThought February 16th 04 08:53 PM

From: Laura R.

Cathy Friedmann ) said,
My litter? I can only assume that you are unfortunate to not have any
children. We had a wonderful day.

Maybe oneday you will be so lucky to experience it.

You know, I think that Laura has no children via choice. (Hint: lots of
people are sans children by *choice*.)

You are correct.

But, think about this: wonder if she - or another person who's reading this
thread - *wanted* kids, but was infertile? Or just had a miscarriage?
Think about your audience, why don't you?, & what ramifications your words
might possibly have.

She doesn't think. It requires at least two firing synapses.

Laura

and hers are definitely glued shut!

Lauren

________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

GAUBSTER2 February 17th 04 01:15 AM

From: "Cathy Friedmann"

People w/o children usually respond to other people in the manner in which

you
did. Why are you so bitter and angry?

Could it have to do w/ the fact that some people who have kids through
choice, assume that all females *must* desire them, & that to live a life
sans kids must fruitless, in more ways than one?? That the woman is not
fulfilling her obligation here on earth? Arghhhhh.

I don't suppose that. (but that's just me) If you're happy doing what you're
doing and happy w/ the choices you've made...more power to you! I just get the
feeling from reading some of your posts that you are extra sensitive about this
particular issue. That's all.

As for "fortunate", it doesn't just
"happen" to you, you have to make a decision to "have" them.

Unfortunately, it does sometimes just "happen". Ever hear of BC that
failed? Or the lack of using BC, for whatever reason (not the subconscious
wish to get pregnant, either)?

....there's still a choice there. No one spontaneously becomes pregnant. You
still have to "try" or engage in the behavior. I see your point, though!

Cathy Friedmann February 17th 04 01:17 AM

From: "Cathy Friedmann"

People w/o children usually respond to other people in the manner in

which
you
did. Why are you so bitter and angry?

Could it have to do w/ the fact that some people who have kids through
choice, assume that all females *must* desire them, & that to live a life
sans kids must fruitless, in more ways than one?? That the woman is not
fulfilling her obligation here on earth? Arghhhhh.

I don't suppose that. (but that's just me) If you're happy doing what

you're
doing and happy w/ the choices you've made...more power to you! I just

get the
feeling from reading some of your posts that you are extra sensitive about

this
particular issue. That's all.

I doubt if I'm any more sensitive about it than anyone else who's basically
told that they're not fulfilling their purpose on this planet & therefore
must have empty lives.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon