CatBanter

-   -   Good news, bad news, and kittens update (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=72177)

Ted Davis June 19th 06 03:03 AM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

The good news: Snowball came home this afternoon. It's not unusual
for her to disappear for weeks at a time, but never two days short of
a full month. She's healthy, happy, and hungry.

The bad news: Spooky did *not* come home today. He went out yesterday
during a break in the rain - that surprised me because he never goes
out when it's wet, in fact, he hadn't been out at all in the last few
weeks. I posted back in March that he was getting old, and he's been
deteriorating rapidly lately. I think he went outside to find a place
to be alone to die in peace. I will be very surprised if he returns,
but I hope he does.

Now, the three red tabby kittens. They are growing up rapidly.
They're a bit over ten weeks old now, and all but Sieglinde have fully
colored eyes. They have gotten quieter, except that Siegfried appears
headed toward being a noisy face licker type lap cat. Siegmund is the
only one not purring loudly when petted. They get along well with all
the adults except Snowball, who just met them a few hours ago. Since
they have mastered the kitchen door cat flap into the mud room and are
now using the adults' food, water, and litter, I have removed the
bowls and pan I set up for them in the bathroom - I'll add kitten chow
to the food pan until I run out.

Speaking of Siegfried, he's also showing signs of being a very
demanding computer room cat - he's walking all over my hands, meowing,
and licking my fingers right now ... and purring loudly enough to be
heard across the room. ... A bit of petting did not calm him down for
more than a minute or so. That kitten is going to be a problem.
Correction: he *is* a problem. The other two are just exploring the
room between wrestling matches.

They still do the zoomies on the bed and toe greeble attacks thing
during the night.

Yesterday, one of them stepped on the off button for the UPS that
powers my satellite transciever/modem and router which took my server
off line for a while.

--
T.E.D. )

Mischief June 19th 06 03:35 AM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

Well I certainly send purrs for Spooky. I hate the idea of a cat going
away to 'die in peace' I wouldn't want my cat to do that. If my cat
was old, i would hope it would either choose a safe place here at home
or let me know when he wanted to go. But that's just me.

I don't know but the whole idea just gives me the willies. So i hope
he comes back.

Have any piccies of the red tabbies?

Kristi

Abraham Lincoln June 19th 06 03:38 AM

Ted Davis wrote:

The bad news: Spooky did *not* come home today. He went out yesterday
during a break in the rain - that surprised me because he never goes
out when it's wet, in fact, he hadn't been out at all in the last few
weeks. I posted back in March that he was getting old, and he's been
deteriorating rapidly lately. I think he went outside to find a place
to be alone to die in peace. I will be very surprised if he returns,
but I hope he does.

I would be too especially since you were dumb enough to let him out -
maybe you should have had a brain and kept him inside since he was
ailing. Or maybe he will get a true home for his last days better than
the one he had.

Joy June 19th 06 04:35 AM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

I'm so glad Snowball came home!

I'm sorry about Spooky. Purrs that he comes back to you. Please ignore the
troll I just plonked.

It sounds as though you really have your hands full with those kittens.
Good luck with them!

Joy

Ted Davis June 19th 06 04:41 AM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

On 18 Jun 2006 19:35:47 -0700, "Mischief"
wrote:

Well I certainly send purrs for Spooky. I hate the idea of a cat going
away to 'die in peace' I wouldn't want my cat to do that. If my cat
was old, i would hope it would either choose a safe place here at home
or let me know when he wanted to go. But that's just me.

I don't know but the whole idea just gives me the willies. So i hope
he comes back.

Last night was the first night I can remember when he wasn't in the
bed with me getting his daily dose of petting when I went to bed. For
the last few nights though, Ozy has been all but pushing him aside.

Have any piccies of the red tabbies?

Only the first few: http://users.wildblue.net/daviste/ (link on that
page). I have a few more in the camera but I haven't had time to take
more or process those.

--
T.E.D. )

Ted Davis June 19th 06 04:50 AM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:38:06 -0700, Abraham Lincoln
wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:

The bad news: Spooky did *not* come home today. He went out yesterday
during a break in the rain - that surprised me because he never goes
out when it's wet, in fact, he hadn't been out at all in the last few
weeks. I posted back in March that he was getting old, and he's been
deteriorating rapidly lately. I think he went outside to find a place
to be alone to die in peace. I will be very surprised if he returns,
but I hope he does.

I would be too especially since you were dumb enough to let him out -
maybe you should have had a brain and kept him inside since he was
ailing. Or maybe he will get a true home for his last days better than
the one he had.

I bought a place in the country so I could have free cats instead of
captives. The ones that want to be indoor cats are free to be indoor
cats; the ones that want to be outdoor cats can be outdoor cats; the
ones that want to be both can be both, and they can change their minds
whenever convenient. Many of the cats in my clowder were semiferal as
kittens - most of the others were discarded or lost when I rescued
them. Spooky's background is unknown - he came to dinner one night in
October 1992 and stayed. He liked not having to be outside and having
the freedom to go out when it suited him.

--
T.E.D. )

Ted Davis June 19th 06 04:59 AM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 03:35:24 GMT, "Joy"
wrote:

I'm so glad Snowball came home!

I'm sorry about Spooky. Purrs that he comes back to you. Please ignore the
troll I just plonked.

Some people make religious dogma out of the strangest beliefs, and
like most religious fanatics, don't know when to keep their mouths
shut and their hands off the keyboard. Or don't care about the
effects of their rants. Fortunately, I'm an old usenet hand and
always wear my asbestos underwear when on line - I'm immune to flames.

--
T.E.D. )

cybercat June 19th 06 05:38 AM

"Abraham Lincoln" wrote in message
Ted Davis wrote:

The bad news: Spooky did *not* come home today. He went out yesterday
during a break in the rain - that surprised me because he never goes
out when it's wet, in fact, he hadn't been out at all in the last few
weeks. I posted back in March that he was getting old, and he's been
deteriorating rapidly lately. I think he went outside to find a place
to be alone to die in peace. I will be very surprised if he returns,
but I hope he does.

I would be too especially since you were dumb enough to let him out -
maybe you should have had a brain and kept him inside since he was ailing.
Or maybe he will get a true home for his last days better than the one he
had.

One would only hope. Ted is a brutal moron who should not have cats.

cybercat June 19th 06 05:39 AM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

"Joy" wrote in message
.net...
I'm so glad Snowball came home!

I'm sorry about Spooky. Purrs that he comes back to you. Please ignore
the
troll I just plonked.

So, to suggest that Ted should have kept an old, ill cat inside where he is
safe is to be a troll?

Idiot.

Ted Davis June 19th 06 01:49 PM

Good news, bad news, and kittens update

Ted Davis wrote:

The bad news: Spooky did *not* come home today. He went out yesterday
during a break in the rain - that surprised me because he never goes
out when it's wet, in fact, he hadn't been out at all in the last few
weeks. I posted back in March that he was getting old, and he's been
deteriorating rapidly lately. I think he went outside to find a place
to be alone to die in peace. I will be very surprised if he returns,
but I hope he does.

I would be too especially since you were dumb enough to let him out -
maybe you should have had a brain and kept him inside since he was ailing.
Or maybe he will get a true home for his last days better than the one he
had.

One would only hope. Ted is a brutal moron who should not have cats.

I suspect that the reason you are such an "indoor only" fanitic is
that any cat of yours that had a chance to run away would run away at
the first opportunity.

I'm so brutal to cats that strays and ferals sometimes seek out my
clowder and join it. When was the last time a cat *chose* to live
with you?

--
T.E.D. )