CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   cat proof toilet paper holder? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21016)

Joe Pitt January 7th 04 03:55 PM

cat proof toilet paper holder?

Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone and
another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
shreds it.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

Cathy Friedmann January 7th 04 10:10 PM

Can you just keep the bathroom door closed?

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

. com...

Ted Davis January 7th 04 10:18 PM

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:55:13 GMT, "Joe Pitt"
wrote:

Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone and
another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
shreds it.

Balance a light weight plastic bowl about half full of water on top of
the roll so that when it's disturbed, the water spills out. Yeah, it
makes a mess, but I had to do it only twice to break the stubborn
toilet paper dragging yearling I once had - she never touuched it
again for the rest of her 17 years.

T.E.D. )

Gee January 7th 04 11:25 PM

i got something like this, Tiara doesn;t seem to bother with it when inside:

http://store.yahoo.com/bedbathstore/3rowitotiho.html

But this is probably what you need mo
http://www.frontgate.com/fg/pdp.jsp?...3085&k=XX12171
They got it in brass or chrome, pricy but surely you can find cheaper
version in some major shops

or

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...arden&n=507846

Also check these:

http://store.yahoo.com/imagineifyouw...c:sr,slk:title

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...roductId=60070

Although I know cts love sea grass, so it may not serve the appropriate
purpose :)

Gee

MaryL January 8th 04 04:45 AM

"Joe Pitt" wrote in message
. com...
Someone told me they saw a toilet paper holder with a cover in a catalog
'somewhere'. Anyone seen this. I have a couple that won't leave it alone

and
another is trying to get it off the shelf I'm currently storing it on. I
tried turning so it won't roll out and then she gets so frustrated she
shreds it.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm
Cat Rescue http://www.animalrescuefoundation.com
God created the cat so man could have the pleasure of petting the tiger

This page shows a couple of hoodes toilet paper holders (both recessed and
surface mounted -- scroll a short way down the page). Would that type help?
http://www.rbagroup.com.au/toiletpaper_holders.html

MaryL

Joe Pitt January 8th 04 02:04 PM

That might work, but I do rescue work and let the kittens and teenagers run
the house with my own(after 10 days of quarentine). It would be a constant
training exercise.