CatBanter

-   -   International Cat of Mystery (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68064)

badwilson March 22nd 06 05:40 AM

International Cat of Mystery

Greetings from Malaysia!
We are all packed up and out of our house in Thailand. All our stuff is in
a shipping container and enroute to Australia.
Meanwhile, we are staying in a furnished 2 bedroom apartment in Penang,
Malaysia. We will be here until the time comes for Vino's appointment with
jail in Perth. The soonest we could get him in was April 10, so on the 9th,
we'll be off. Dennis won't be coming with us because he has to return to
work in Myanmar on the 11th.
In a way it works out because that gives me a chance to rent a house and get
all the furniture set up before Vino joins us after his 30 days quarantine.
Yesterday the poor bugger had his throat shaved and blood taken from the
jugular for the 2nd time in 6 months. The sample is also enroute to
Australia via Fedex.
The apartment where we are is pretty good for animal watching. Out back is
a large copse of trees where in the evenings is a large group of pretty big
monkeys which are constantly fighting with each other. There is also this
creek, which really swells up when it rains and we saw a giant monitor
lizard drifting along yesterday. There are also these bright turquoise
birds with yellow beaks.
The lady downstairs has 2 cats, both strays that showed up. One is a small
orange boy with a 1/4 tail and the other is a heavily pregnant female with
long hair and white with tabby spots. I've nicknamed her Wide Load. Can't
wait to see the kittens! The lady said she has homes lined up for most of
them. I hope she gets her spayed afterwards, I am going to ask her.
Dennis has to leave tomorrow night to go to Florida for 1 week for his
yearly training course on the simulator. It was supposed to happen during
his next month working but the company changed it at the last minute and
wouldn't budge despite our vehement protests. We are not best pleased with
the situation, but I'll be ok hanging here by myself with Vino for a week.
I've got satellite TV and the internet for the laptop. Although the
connection is really bad because it goes through the switchboard at the
front desk. I am just going to use it to download the NG to read offline
and will go to the internet cafe around the corner for emailing!
Anyway, that's it for the latest news on our whereabouts.
Hugs and purrs for anyone that needs them.
--
Britta

[email protected] March 22nd 06 11:42 AM

badwilson wrote:

We are all packed up and out of our house in Thailand.

You must have been very happy to say goodbye to the snake in the ceiling. :)

All our stuff is in a shipping container and enroute to Australia.

Whee-haa!!

In a way it works out because that gives me a chance to rent a house and get
all the furniture set up before Vino joins us after his 30 days quarantine.

Poor Vino! :( Can you visit him while he's there, or would that defeat
the purpose of the quarantine?

The apartment where we are is pretty good for animal watching. Out back is
a large copse of trees where in the evenings is a large group of pretty big
monkeys which are constantly fighting with each other. There is also this
creek, which really swells up when it rains and we saw a giant monitor
lizard drifting along yesterday. There are also these bright turquoise
birds with yellow beaks.

That's neat!

Good luck with the next phase of your move...

Joyce

Victor Martinez March 22nd 06 03:01 PM

badwilson wrote:
In a way it works out because that gives me a chance to rent a house and get
all the furniture set up before Vino joins us after his 30 days quarantine.

Poor baby, all alone for 30 days! What's that mama's boy going to do
without his mom?

Yesterday the poor bugger had his throat shaved and blood taken from the
jugular for the 2nd time in 6 months. The sample is also enroute to
Australia via Fedex.

Yikes! I guess it's easier from the neck than the paw, huh? Still,
scritches for poor Vino.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Marina March 22nd 06 05:22 PM

International Cat of Mystery

badwilson wrote:
Greetings from Malaysia!

snip
Hugs and purrs for anyone that needs them.

It all sounds very exciting. Purrs for everything to go smoothly. Poor
Vino, getting stuck in jail for so long! We'll be purring for him, too.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Kreisleriana March 22nd 06 06:38 PM

International Cat of Mystery

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:40:39 +0800, "badwilson"
yodeled:

[...]

What an adventure! Purrs for all to go smoothly.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Irulan March 22nd 06 08:01 PM

International Cat of Mystery

Glad are things are moving along for y'all. We will keep purring and praying
that Vino doesn't feel too bad being cooped up for 30 days and that
everything else goes well.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Monique Y. Mudama March 22nd 06 09:59 PM

International Cat of Mystery

On 2006-03-22, badwilson penned:
Anyway, that's it for the latest news on our whereabouts.

Your life always sounds so exotic!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

badwilson March 23rd 06 04:26 AM

wrote in message
badwilson wrote:

We are all packed up and out of our house in Thailand.

You must have been very happy to say goodbye to the snake in the ceiling.

:)

Oooooh yeah! :-)

All our stuff is in a shipping container and enroute to Australia.

Whee-haa!!

In a way it works out because that gives me a chance to rent a house

and get
all the furniture set up before Vino joins us after his 30 days

quarantine.

Poor Vino! :( Can you visit him while he's there, or would that defeat
the purpose of the quarantine?

Yes, I can visit him 24 hours after he arrives, but their visiting hours are
quite limited, only from 1-3 pm, Monday to Friday. The problem is that
we'll be living 3 hours away from Perth, so it will be difficult. I'm
hoping to beg and plead with them and let them let me come at more
convenient times. But I will definitely be visiting as much as possible!

The apartment where we are is pretty good for animal watching. Out

back is
a large copse of trees where in the evenings is a large group of pretty

big
monkeys which are constantly fighting with each other. There is also

this
creek, which really swells up when it rains and we saw a giant monitor
lizard drifting along yesterday. There are also these bright turquoise
birds with yellow beaks.

That's neat!

Good luck with the next phase of your move...

Thanks, Joyce :-)
--
Britta

W. Leong March 23rd 06 04:27 AM

"badwilson" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Yesterday the poor bugger had his throat shaved and blood taken from
the
jugular for the 2nd time in 6 months. The sample is also enroute to
Australia via Fedex.

Yikes! I guess it's easier from the neck than the paw, huh? Still,
scritches for poor Vino.

Vino is so easy going, he barely noticed.

Vino is such a good boy. Rusty struggled hard when they tried to draw blood
from
the jugular. 2 weeks ago you could hear him complained loudly all through
the vet clinic when they drew blood. Rusty is usually a very quiet cat. So
you know he really hates it.
The first time TED tried to draw blood years ago, he had to give up. 3 of
us holding
Rusty down at the time. TED said if Rusty could fight like that, he
couldn't be that sick.
But these days they need to draw blood for a geriatric profile fairly
regularly.

Winnie
--
Britta

badwilson March 23rd 06 04:28 AM

badwilson wrote:
In a way it works out because that gives me a chance to rent a house and

get
all the furniture set up before Vino joins us after his 30 days

quarantine.

Poor baby, all alone for 30 days! What's that mama's boy going to do
without his mom?

Well, I will definitely visit as much as possible. I keep telling myself
that it's no different from putting him in a kennel while going on vacation.
I think the facility is very nice and they treat the animals well.