CatBanter

-   -   Sapphire's sister has problems (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17186)

Barb April 26th 04 06:17 PM

Sapphire's sister has problems

Now that Sapphire is recovering from her extractions her sister Pepper, 13,
was throwing up blood yesterday. She has gone to the vet and had x-rays and
a blood test. The blood work is normal. Something shows on the x-ray which
vet was able to feel prior to the x-ray. She had a couple shots and has
some medicine and a special drink. Tomorrow she is scheduled for a sonogram
to try to see what this is. She is a cat that takes tapazol for thyroid.
Right now she is resting and not throwing up. She had some turkey.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Barb April 26th 04 06:48 PM

Thanks, Karen. The vet asked me that, too. She's not really the type to
swallow something and is an indoors and deck cat. It looks like it's
pushing out from her liver and possibly could be a tumor. Of course if she
did swallow something and it could be removed I guess that would be about
the best outcome!

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

MacCandace April 26th 04 07:35 PM

It looks like it's
pushing out from her liver and possibly could be a tumor. Of course if she
did swallow something and it could be removed I guess that would be about
the best outcome!

Oh, I hope she's okay. I hate when more than one is sick at a time. It's
stressful enough with 1 illness but 2 is a nightmare (not to mention $$). Keep
us posted.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

m. L. Briggs April 27th 04 12:57 AM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:17:20 GMT, "Barb"
wrote:

Now that Sapphire is recovering from her extractions her sister Pepper, 13,
was throwing up blood yesterday. She has gone to the vet and had x-rays and
a blood test. The blood work is normal. Something shows on the x-ray which
vet was able to feel prior to the x-ray. She had a couple shots and has
some medicine and a special drink. Tomorrow she is scheduled for a sonogram
to try to see what this is. She is a cat that takes tapazol for thyroid.
Right now she is resting and not throwing up. She had some turkey.

Purring hard for Sapphire and Pepper that they both will recover
soon. MLB

Barb April 27th 04 07:57 PM

Thanks, Candace, it's been a stressful week. Won't know results for a day
or two.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,