CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   moving (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=81486)

Leonid Gluhovsky July 16th 07 09:40 AM

moving

Hello,

I have three indoor-outdoor cats. They are 5-7 years old. I'm
thinking of moving to another place, which is one mile away from
where I live now. I'll keep the cats indoors at the new place
for a month, but after that I would like to let them go out again.
Will they go back to their original place and stay there, or
will they stay at the new place?

Thank you,

leonid

T C MCKEAN July 16th 07 10:50 AM

moving

"Leonid Gluhovsky" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hello,

I have three indoor-outdoor cats. They are 5-7 years old. I'm
thinking of moving to another place, which is one mile away from
where I live now. I'll keep the cats indoors at the new place
for a month, but after that I would like to let them go out again.
Will they go back to their original place and stay there, or
will they stay at the new place?

Thank you,

leonid

It has been my experience it may take careful vigiance on your part for them
not to stray back to their original territory. I had the same situation you
have and My cat was fine for two days then was gone for a week. I went back
to my old address and called out for him and as I got in my car to leave
pulling out he crawled out from under a bush and came to me. I got too
woried about loosing him to risk it again. he has been a mostly indoor cat
since.

Tina