CatBanter

-   -   Neutered female acts like she wants to be mounted? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109391)

John Doe May 9th 13 05:08 PM

Neutered female acts like she wants to be mounted?

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

chaniarts[_2_] May 9th 13 08:01 PM

On 5/9/2013 9:08 AM, John Doe wrote:
There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

i have an inside only rescue cat that was a breeder. neutered years ago,
and still flirts, rubs up against the other males, sticks her tail in
their faces, etc.

it's probably a partially-learned, partially instinctive behavior.

buglady[_2_] May 9th 13 09:14 PM

On 5/9/2013 3:01 PM, chaniarts wrote:
On 5/9/2013 9:08 AM, John Doe wrote:
There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

i have an inside only rescue cat that was a breeder. neutered years ago,
and still flirts, rubs up against the other males, sticks her tail in
their faces, etc.

it's probably a partially-learned, partially instinctive behavior.

Or they didn't get all of the ovaries out and she's still cycling.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

MLB[_4_] May 9th 13 11:36 PM

On Thu, 09 May 2013 16:08:33 +0000, John Doe wrote:

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be neutered,
or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

I read that they don't lose the "urge" just the "ability". MLB

Bill Graham May 10th 13 12:44 AM

MLB wrote:
On Thu, 09 May 2013 16:08:33 +0000, John Doe wrote:

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be mounted.
Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it could be
neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

Thanks.

I read that they don't lose the "urge" just the "ability". MLB

They lose the urge. They go from whining incessantly and rolling around on
the floor, to completely unconcerned.

John Doe May 10th 13 03:26 AM

"Bill Graham" weg9 comcast.net wrote:

MLB wrote:
John Doe wrote:

There's a female outside that acts like she wants to be
mounted. Seriously. Calling out and stuff. I'm wondering if it
could be neutered, or is that behavior only in an intact cat?

I read that they don't lose the "urge" just the "ability".
MLB

They lose the urge. They go from whining incessantly and rolling
around on the floor, to completely unconcerned.

Can you provide a citation for that?