CatBanter

-   -   More about r.p.c.a. and Facebook (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=106758)

Robert Catt November 13th 11 12:21 PM

More about r.p.c.a. and Facebook

For the reasons I've given here in a previous post, and after a brief
interchange with a certain member of this newsgroup, I've decided to
restrict my involvement with r.p.c.a. to its group at Facebook. Other people
have written to me me about this individual, and their comments about him
are part of the reason I will no longer be reading or posting to this
newsgroup. As of today I've removed it from my list.

Bobble[_8_] November 13th 11 03:17 PM

news wrote in :

On 11/13/2011 6:21 AM, Robert Catt wrote:
For the reasons I've given here in a previous post, and after a brief
interchange with a certain member of this newsgroup, I've decided to
restrict my involvement with r.p.c.a. to its group at Facebook. Other
people have written to me me about this individual, and their comments
about him are part of the reason I will no longer be reading or posting
to this newsgroup. As of today I've removed it from my list.

Umm, who are you?

Since he's gone now, I'll reply. He's a long time poster in r.p.c.a.

Bobble

MaryL[_2_] November 13th 11 04:22 PM

"Robert Catt" wrote in message ...

For the reasons I've given here in a previous post, and after a brief
interchange with a certain member of this newsgroup, I've decided to
restrict my involvement with r.p.c.a. to its group at Facebook. Other people
have written to me me about this individual, and their comments about him
are part of the reason I will no longer be reading or posting to this
newsgroup. As of today I've removed it from my list.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have taken the opposite approach (but certainly not because of any of our
posters). I refuse to use Facebook, for this group or any other group. My
objection is to Facebook itself, not to individual posters.

MaryL

Adrian[_4_] November 13th 11 05:45 PM

"MaryL" wrote:
"Robert Catt" wrote in message ...

For the reasons I've given here in a previous post, and after a brief
interchange with a certain member of this newsgroup, I've decided to
restrict my involvement with r.p.c.a. to its group at Facebook. Other people
have written to me me about this individual, and their comments about him
are part of the reason I will no longer be reading or posting to this
newsgroup. As of today I've removed it from my list.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have taken the opposite approach (but certainly not because of any of
our posters). I refuse to use Facebook, for this group or any other
group. My objection is to Facebook itself, not to individual posters.

MaryL

I really don't understand peoples hostility to Facebook when they're happy
to use usenet which is accessible by anybody. With Facebook, you can decide
who can or can't see your posts.
--
Adrian

Adrian[_4_] November 13th 11 05:45 PM

More about r.p.c.a. and Facebook

news wrote:

Umm, who are you?

If you were a regular of the group you'd know.
--
Adrian

MLB[_4_] November 13th 11 07:03 PM

On 11/13/2011 09:45 AM, Adrian wrote:
wrote:

Umm, who are you?

If you were a regular of the group you'd know.

His posts have apparently few and far between. Hd probably won't be
missed. MLB

news[_8_] November 13th 11 07:52 PM

On 11/13/2011 11:45 AM, Adrian wrote:
wrote:

Umm, who are you?

If you were a regular of the group you'd know.

I am (lurk mostly), and I don't.

Adrian[_4_] November 13th 11 07:54 PM

wrote:

Umm, who are you?

If you were a regular of the group you'd know.

His posts have apparently few and far between. Hd probably won't be missed. MLB

Most of us won't have to miss him as he posts on Facebook every day.
--
Adrian

Adrian[_4_] November 13th 11 07:56 PM

wrote:

Umm, who are you?

If you were a regular of the group you'd know.

I am (lurk mostly), and I don't.

How long have you been lurking? Bob goes back many years.
--
Adrian