CatBanter

-   -   Water in dry food (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12333)

Jerold Pearson July 23rd 03 07:42 PM

Water in dry food

Without revisiting the arguments for and against wet or dry food, I have a
question about adding water to a cat's diet. Lately, I've been adding a lot
of water to each serving of the dry food I feed my cats (Nutro Natural
Choice Complete Care), and they love it. They lap up all the water, which I
guess has the food flavor, and then they eat all the kibble. Is there a
downside or danger to this? For instance, does the kibble expand in their
stomachs and bloat them?

Thanks.

JP

Alison July 23rd 03 08:26 PM

"Jerold Pearson" wrote in message
.103...
Without revisiting the arguments for and against wet or dry food, I

have a
question about adding water to a cat's diet. Lately, I've been

adding a lot
of water to each serving of the dry food I feed my cats (Nutro

Natural
Choice Complete Care), and they love it. They lap up all the water,

which I
guess has the food flavor, and then they eat all the kibble. Is

there a
downside or danger to this? For instance, does the kibble expand in

their
stomachs and bloat them?

Thanks.

JP

Hi Jerod ,
I feed my dog with dry food , soaked with water and gravy until it
is very soft and he does well on it . It shouldn't exand if it is
well soaked. Dry food expands in the tummy anyway . I tried to
feed my cat soaked dry food and she wouldn't eat it.

--
Alison
(remove the X's to reply)

Joe Canuck July 24th 03 02:43 AM

wombn wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:42:58 +0000 (UTC), Jerold Pearson
wrote:

Without revisiting the arguments for and against wet or dry food, I have a
question about adding water to a cat's diet. Lately, I've been adding a lot
of water to each serving of the dry food I feed my cats (Nutro Natural
Choice Complete Care), and they love it. They lap up all the water, which I
guess has the food flavor, and then they eat all the kibble. Is there a
downside or danger to this? For instance, does the kibble expand in their
stomachs and bloat them?

Thanks.

One thought..... doesn't dry food help clean their teeth?

There is plenty of debate over that one.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck