CatBanter

-   -   A fish story (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113899)

Bill Stock[_2_] March 13th 19 01:12 AM

A fish story

My larger Koi has learned to beg. This is not new to me, my Goldfish used to beg a lot. But it's more amusing when 12" of fish is dancing for you. She has also started to come to the top of the tank to wait for her food. Spring can't come soon enough, as she needs to get back to the pond.

I think she will need to spend next winter in the garage, as the tank will be too small for her and her friends.

dgk April 29th 19 09:47 PM

A fish story

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:12:07 -0700 (PDT), Bill Stock
wrote:

My larger Koi has learned to beg. This is not new to me, my Goldfish used to beg a lot. But it's more amusing when 12" of fish is dancing for you. She has also started to come to the top of the tank to wait for her food. Spring can't come soon enough, as she needs to get back to the pond.

I think she will need to spend next winter in the garage, as the tank will be too small for her and her friends.

That's great. One of my neighbors has a fish pond and fairly complex
filter arrangement. Since I'm in Florida we don't need to worry about
winter, but he goes away for the summer and the neighbors know how to
take care of the pump and filters and feeding. We do need to maintain
a chicken wire mesh over the pond sometimes to keep other critters
from having a sushi buffet.