CatBanter

-   -   Why Does Buddha Eat Cobwebs? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18083)

Mary June 13th 04 11:01 PM

Why Does Buddha Eat Cobwebs?

I realize that this says something about my housekeeping, but I catch her at
this in my office all the time. I recall reading that spiderwebs were used
in healing by Native Americans at some point. I've never had a cat that does
this, anyone else?

m. L. Briggs June 14th 04 01:02 AM

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:01:45 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

I realize that this says something about my housekeeping, but I catch her at
this in my office all the time. I recall reading that spiderwebs were used
in healing by Native Americans at some point. I've never had a cat that does
this, anyone else?

I recall somewhere in the long past that spider webs helped the blood
to clot when placed on wounds.

Mary June 14th 04 01:19 AM

"Jon C" wrote :
My cats try to get mine on the ceiling. They move around, almost like

bugs.. so of course the cats want them :P

Buddha goes after them under cabinets and such, and she wants them so much
she actually scoops them out with her paws. It isn't movement, or like play,
it's like foraging. :) She's a weird girl.