CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   SO Angry! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21242)

nimue March 20th 04 01:55 PM

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:
wrote in message

Chuckle. I know some kids who would have benefitted from this.

I know some adults who still would :-(. I know I'm going to get
flamed for this, but for a certain segment of the population, I would
be in favour of some sort of mandatory birth control (though I'm not
sure I would go so far as sterilization because I always have hope
that people will change).

I won't flame you. I wish we could sterilize certain people, I really do.
I would love to fix men and women who had abused and/or abandoned children.
There is an organization that will provide long-term birth control to
hopeless addicts who request it. I believe it will also sterilize them for
free if they request it. I can't remember what it's called -- anyone know?

rona

--
nimue

"There was a time when I was young and gay -- but straight."
Max Bialystock

Do not taunt happy fun ball.
SNL

M.C. Mullen March 20th 04 03:07 PM

"Kalyahna" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| "whayface" wrote in message
|
| Get someone to stay at your place when repair people or anyone has to
| enter the place!!
| Very simple.
|
| Not so simple. My family is three hours away, and the only people I know
| well enough in town to ask to check in on my cats are my co-workers, and
the
| vast majority of them work the same days and schedules that I do, or have
| other jobs, or school.

I have absolutely *no* problem leaving dear cats alone for a weekend as long
as they have enough food and water.
If I go away for a longer period (which does not happen very often), then I
'employ' someone like other cat people in the area and vice versa.
With the dog it's different: 6 hours is the absolute maximum, otherwise I
can luckily give her to my mother or a friend or even the shelter.

Carola

M.C. Mullen March 20th 04 03:07 PM