CatBanter

-   -   Cat hair loss problem please help (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19775)

Alexey Semenov October 1st 04 11:52 PM

Cat hair loss problem please help

Hi everyone

Our 4 year old cat has this one problem. I would say it started after she
was sterilized but not really sure. What happens is that she looses hair by
handfull. House cleaning is a serious problem since after we clen it up in
about three days her hair is all over the place especially by plinth and on
the carpet. Literally if you wipe a foot of space with your hand it will be
full of hair. The cat itself is three colors but hair is gray so i would
assume it's undercoat. One we take her for a bath i would say you can get at
least five opounds of hair in the bath tub. Besides all that her coat stays
with the same amount of hair, no bold patches, nothing. Seems that she is a
factory of hair production. And now it came to the pint where we feed up
with it since we can not even pet her anymore since hair start flying all
over the place and after every stroke you get a hand full.

We feed her nine lives, in terms of stress i would not say so, either she is
sleeping somwhere in the closet or running around the house.(our clothes
suffer too)

we took her to the vet but it seems that he is intered only in the money
since he says that it is normal. Well we have a lot of friends with cats and
i never saw one loose that much hair.

If someone could help with a diet or medication suggestion i would greatly
appreciate it.

regards

Ashley October 2nd 04 02:07 AM

"Alexey Semenov" wrote in message

we took her to the vet but it seems that he is intered only in the money
since he says that it is normal. Well we have a lot of friends with cats
and
i never saw one loose that much hair.

For your cat it may well be. I have a cat that sheds like crazy and another
that doesn't.

If someone could help with a diet or medication suggestion i would greatly
appreciate it.

Start enjoying brushing your cat!

Mimi Yeung October 2nd 04 10:55 AM

My 8-year-old dog has been living with this hair loss problem since a few
years back and I had believed she would have to stay with this forever until
my vet suggested a vitamin supplement (a yellow fluid) to go with each meal.
After a month or so her hair situation began to improve and now, though the
hair shedding wouldn't stop, it is easing off to within normal range. I
wonder if there is something similar for cats. Vets tend to say it's okay
when all the vital signs are normal, but they should probably be able to
suggest something to help you pull your sub-healthy kitty back in shape if
you ask them.

"Alexey Semenov" ¦b¶l¥ó
news:Jcl7d.60$6y6.39@trndny02 ¤¤¼¶¼g...