CatBanter

-   -   Drinking your own menstrual blood-Will it make you sick? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=80922)

uh_oh_now_the_Barry_is_going_to_hit_the_fan_you_wait_and_see June 20th 07 07:55 AM

Drinking your own menstrual blood-Will it make you sick?

On Jun 20, 2:40 am, Samantha Pierce-Harder
wrote:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/002866.html

Some people are gonna think this is gross. Fine. But I think it's a
legit question and I would like an answer.
Is it likely to make you sick to drink your own menstrual blood? I
mean, theoretically since it came from your own body, it should be
'safe.' But does anyone KNOW? Does it contain waste products? I
thought it was just blood and some other mucus/vaginal fluids. I've
heard that drinking too much raw blood will upset your stomach. I
mean, lots of us have TASTED our menstrual flow (or am I alone
there?), but . . . how much would be too much?

Just FYI, this is meant to be worked into a ritual/sacred act. I don't
really think of my period as being 'gross' at all, and would like to
incorporate it more into my spirit work.

Thanks for bearing with me on a potentially squeamish topic!

Not at all.
Whatta ya say, girls?