CatBanter

-   -   Ooops! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=73921)

sandra August 22nd 06 09:25 AM

Ooops!

I thought I'd give the furry pair a treat yesterday, and got out some frozen
chicken slices. I put them in a bowl on the counter to defrost for supper
later.
Hubby and I went out for the evening (unusual for us), and I forgot to close
the kitchen door....

Yep, they helped themselves, we arrived back (from Pirates movie) to very
smug cats.
Bet they didn't realise it was for them anyway!

lol

sandra

Marina August 22nd 06 01:39 PM

Ooops!

sandra wrote:
I thought I'd give the furry pair a treat yesterday, and got out some frozen
chicken slices. I put them in a bowl on the counter to defrost for supper
later.
Hubby and I went out for the evening (unusual for us), and I forgot to close
the kitchen door....

Yep, they helped themselves, we arrived back (from Pirates movie) to very
smug cats.
Bet they didn't realise it was for them anyway!

LOL! My Mum learned the hard way that she can't leave any kind of food
out one time, when she was looking after Frank and Nikki. She had made
herself a nice plate with (I think) ham, mayonnaise and lettuce. The
phone rang and she went to answer, leaving the plate on the kitchen
counter. When she came back, the cats had kindly left her the lettuce.

Adrian A August 22nd 06 01:49 PM

Ooops!

sandra wrote:
I thought I'd give the furry pair a treat yesterday, and got out some
frozen chicken slices. I put them in a bowl on the counter to defrost
for supper later.
Hubby and I went out for the evening (unusual for us), and I forgot
to close the kitchen door....

Yep, they helped themselves, we arrived back (from Pirates movie) to
very smug cats.
Bet they didn't realise it was for them anyway!

lol

sandra

They probably tasted better when they were stolen. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Marina August 22nd 06 04:33 PM

Ooops!

Cheryl Perkins wrote:

Mandy and Betsy (RB) both have/had their special favourites among human
foods, but over the years we arrived at an arrangment - I didn't leave
chicken breasts on the counter to defrost and they (mostly) stay off the
table when I am eating. Young Sam hasn't quite gotten the rules down pat
yet, and I periodically have a black furry head appearing under my arm,
aimed at the cereal with yogurt or other delicacy.

This reminds me of when Mir-mir was a kitten. She used to hang out on
top of me, my arm, my shoulder, anywhere she could perch. One time I was
eating ice cream and she was perched on my shoulder. As I was bringing a
spoonful of ice cream to my mouth, she popped her head in front of my
mouth with her tongue out for the ice cream. Little minx!

Winnie August 22nd 06 07:14 PM

Ooops!

sandra wrote:
I thought I'd give the furry pair a treat yesterday, and got out some frozen
chicken slices. I put them in a bowl on the counter to defrost for supper
later.
Hubby and I went out for the evening (unusual for us), and I forgot to close
the kitchen door....

Yep, they helped themselves, we arrived back (from Pirates movie) to very
smug cats.
Bet they didn't realise it was for them anyway!

lol

sandra

One time I bought a few buns with sausages insides. They were in a
paper bag and forgot
to put them away. They sat on the kitchen table. When I decided to eat
one, I found a hole
in the bag. Rusty must wanted to taste test them first.

Winnie

Takayuki August 23rd 06 02:35 AM

Ooops!

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
Mandy and Betsy (RB) both have/had their special favourites among human
foods, but over the years we arrived at an arrangment - I didn't leave
chicken breasts on the counter to defrost and they (mostly) stay off the
table when I am eating. Young Sam hasn't quite gotten the rules down pat
yet, and I periodically have a black furry head appearing under my arm,
aimed at the cereal with yogurt or other delicacy.

Furry heads and little faces appearing under an arm or a hand are so
cute! I saw your Betsy's page. I had a similar experience. I do
miss the little head popping up.

Takayuki August 23rd 06 02:36 AM

Ooops!

Marina wrote:
This reminds me of when Mir-mir was a kitten. She used to hang out on
top of me, my arm, my shoulder, anywhere she could perch. One time I was
eating ice cream and she was perched on my shoulder. As I was bringing a
spoonful of ice cream to my mouth, she popped her head in front of my
mouth with her tongue out for the ice cream. Little minx!

That's just adorable.