CatBanter

-   -   fostering a VERY BIG kitten (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=105826)

Jack Campin July 29th 11 01:00 AM

fostering a VERY BIG kitten

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14240681

(Two men in London in 1969 buy a lion cub from a department store
and get him back to Africa... not the end of the story).

As they say in the interview, no way would they do something like
that now. They must have had a lot of money, but a fair bit of
sense with it.

The video from 2009 is amazing.

[email protected] July 29th 11 01:36 AM

fostering a VERY BIG kitten

Jack Campin wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14240681

(Two men in London in 1969 buy a lion cub from a department store
and get him back to Africa... not the end of the story).

As they say in the interview, no way would they do something like
that now. They must have had a lot of money, but a fair bit of
sense with it.

The video from 2009 is amazing.

Was this Christian? I saw a TV program about that a few years ago. There
was a scene where, maybe a year or so after the two guys had brought the
lion to Africa to try to introduce him to the wild, they went back to see
him. The lion approached them slowly, and then one of them called to him.
He (the lion) raced toward him, and they had a lovely reunion, which was
filmed and can now be seen on Youtube. (You can tell it's from the 70s by
the two guys' hair and clothes.)

I haven't seen a 2009 video - I'll have to go take a look at that.

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.

CatNipped[_4_] July 29th 11 01:45 AM

fostering a VERY BIG kitten

On 7/28/2011 7:00 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14240681

(Two men in London in 1969 buy a lion cub from a department store
and get him back to Africa... not the end of the story).

As they say in the interview, no way would they do something like
that now. They must have had a lot of money, but a fair bit of
sense with it.

The video from 2009 is amazing.

mobile 07800 739 557http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

I've watched this video over and over and over again, but it still
brings a tear to my eye. Thanks for posting the link, I'd lost it from
my "Favorites" list when I changed to my new computer, and this gave me
a chance to put it back.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

MLB[_4_] July 29th 11 01:51 AM

fostering a VERY BIG kitten

On 07/28/2011 06:00 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14240681

(Two men in London in 1969 buy a lion cub from a department store
and get him back to Africa... not the end of the story).

As they say in the interview, no way would they do something like
that now. They must have had a lot of money, but a fair bit of
sense with it.

The video from 2009 is amazing.

mobile 07800 739 557http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

Thanks for the great story. MLB