CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2 cats need home for 6 months (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20646)

John Moran August 31st 03 04:15 PM

2 cats need home for 6 months

Hi there

We are planning a 6 month trip around the world
and have 2 very cute cats who, at the moment, we
can't find a home for.

We were wondering if there was some kindly
soul - preferably in the south London area - who
would be willing to look after them while we are
away. We will of course meet all food, litter and
vet costs and will also be happy to reciprocate if
you need a holiday home for your cats.

They are brother and sister - Oscar is all black
and Edie is black with white bits. They are 4 years old.

Hope to hear from somebody

John

~*SooZy*~ August 31st 03 06:16 PM

John try posting in freeuk.pets.co.uk and I am sure there are other cat
websites that may be able to help you out. Many people may be put off as 6
months is a long time, and the cats will settle and bond with them, then
they have to hand them back! :-(

-
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*
New Pictures added every few days
http://community.webshots.com/user/ragdollcatsuk

~*SooZy*~ August 31st 03 06:19 PM

"Mogie" wrote in message
Geeze they don't plan on paying someone for boarding their cats. If they

can
afford to go around the world they could spring for boarding at a kennel.

it would cost about £2,000 a lot of money, plus very unfair on the cats!

John Moran August 31st 03 06:36 PM

Very helpful thank you

If I had wanted opinions on our plans I would have
asked for them.

In case you didn't know catteries are expensive and,
more importantly, pretty grim for the animals.
If I can find somebody willing to do it and reciprocate
in kind then what the hell do you care?

MaryL August 31st 03 06:50 PM

"John Moran" wrote in message
Hi there

We are planning a 6 month trip around the world
and have 2 very cute cats who, at the moment, we
can't find a home for.

We were wondering if there was some kindly
soul - preferably in the south London area - who
would be willing to look after them while we are
away. We will of course meet all food, litter and
vet costs and will also be happy to reciprocate if
you need a holiday home for your cats.

They are brother and sister - Oscar is all black
and Edie is black with white bits. They are 4 years old.

Hope to hear from somebody

John

John,

You didn't ask for other suggestions, but this occurred to me: Would it be
feasible to arrange for someone to stay in your house or apartment during
the time you are gone in exchange for caring for your cats? Of course, you
may already have made other arrangements for your home -- but if not, this
could be a "good deal" all around. You would have someone to take care of
your cats and would not have a vacant home for 6 months (which is sometimes
an open invitation to burglars), the cats could stay in their own
environment without having their lives disrupted, and the person who stays
there could do so for minimal cost (utilities, etc.).

MaryL

oldmolly August 31st 03 10:04 PM

"John Moran" wrote in message
Very helpful thank you

If I had wanted opinions on our plans I would have
asked for them.

In case you didn't know catteries are expensive and,
more importantly, pretty grim for the animals.

In defence of some really great catteries I object to that statement.Have
you actually *been* to any catteries? My nearest one is a veritable paradise
for cats. Huge chalets and runs, an aviary in the centre to watch, the best
of everything, heated, in the countryside, and an owner who is potty about
cats and spends hours every day playing with her boarders. Music playing in
the block too.If my cats went there, they would feel hard done by having to
come back with me :0(
Another aquaintance has a superb modern cattery struated in the middle of
woodland, plenty of birds about, trees to watch, huge pens, heated etc.
What is grim about either of them?
I think you are motivated by cost here and nothing else. Your poor cats
will get settled in with a new person in a new home, then when it is
convenient to you, you want them back. Not fair at all.

---