CatBanter

-   -   can on Prozac for inapprop peeing (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=91572)

Christie[_2_] October 20th 08 01:25 AM

can on Prozac for inapprop peeing

My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. For the most part
she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for a
couple times (it used to be daily).

The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
has to be a break. Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?

cybercat October 20th 08 06:04 AM

"Christie" wrote in message
My cat has been on 1ml of Prozac now for almost 4 months. For the most
part she has stopped her inappropriate peeing around the house, except for
a couple times (it used to be daily).

The doctor said she can only be on it for 6 months at a time before there
has to be a break. Has anyone else had any other type of luck with a
behavioral problem like this, and what other than Prozac has helped?

It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat pees
on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried several
differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much easier.

Christie[_2_] October 22nd 08 12:30 AM

"cybercat" wrote in message
It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat pees
on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried several
differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much easier.

wah wah wah, sucks to be you, ey? Must, since every post here from you is
negative, foul or sarcasm. If I want to pose a question here I will. You
can ignore it, but that seems to hard for you to do.

Christie[_2_] October 22nd 08 12:33 AM

"cybercat" wrote in message
It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat pees
on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried several
differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much easier.

By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying things,
and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read this group, I
use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone isn't as in the know
as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by such stupid,
ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Matthew[_3_] October 22nd 08 01:57 AM

"Christie" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
It seems like every other question has to do with this. Please give us a
break and "Google" this group for "inappropriate elimination" or "cat
pees on floor" or ... well, you get the idea. You should have tried
several differnt things before chemicals. But a pill is just so much
easier.

By the way know it all, you have no idea how long I have been trying
things, and dealing with this issue. And I don't use Google to read
this group, I use Outlook Expresses newsgroups. So sorry everyone isn't
as in the know as you. It must be hard to go through life surrounded by
such stupid, ignorant, ill informed people as myself. Give yourself a
pat on the back.

Here's a little FYI at least 20 people like your self come in here every
month and ask the same question over and over again. Instead of taking a
few moments and googling it; which would bring up this groups discussion or
doing a find through outlook express as you are using. They jump and ask
the same question over and over. There are 2 or 3 current threads about
this going on in this group about this.

cybercat October 22nd 08 04:18 AM

can on Prozac for inapprop peeing

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Christie" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

That was kind of my point.

cybercat October 22nd 08 04:19 AM

can on Prozac for inapprop peeing

"zob" zob@ cox.net wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:57:21 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

"Christie" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

My guess is that someone finding a newsgroup with the name
"rec.pets.cats.HEALTH+BEHAVIOR" would assume that this is the
appropriate place to ask such a question. Maybe you need to find a NG
that would be more appropriate for your own needs if you don't like to
see the health and behavior of cats discussed.

Jesus. The stupid ****s are out tonight. Sigh.

Okay, you answer this same question every time it is posted, some 20 times a
month, "zob."

It makes sense to simply search the group archives on such a common problem.

blkcatgal October 22nd 08 05:00 AM

can on Prozac for inapprop peeing

Christie, I had a cat on prozac because he sprayed. It really helped curb
his spraying. I don't know why your doctor told you that your cat could
only be on it for 6 months and then take a break. I have never heard this
before and I was consulting with a reknown animal behaviorist. My cat was
on prozac for over a year with no problems. One thing you should do is
annual blood work to make sure your cat's kidneys and liver are functioning
okay. Your cat should stay on the prozac until the problem is
corrected...then you wean her off slowly.

Of course you should also be doing behavior modification techniques in
addition to the medication.

S.

Matthew[_3_] October 22nd 08 05:01 AM

can on Prozac for inapprop peeing

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Christie" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

But I do it with a smile ;-)

Matthew[_3_] October 22nd 08 05:07 AM

wrote:

"Christie" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
[...]

Please this comes from the person who post here what maybe twice a month if
he is lucky move on