CatBanter

-   -   Science Diet question... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14836)

Steve Crane December 6th 03 04:23 AM

(Liz) wrote in message . com...
(GAUBSTER2) wrote in message
Why do millions of cats thrive on dry commercial diets?

They thrive until they get sick... Let´s see... FLUTD, diabetes, IBD..

And Oh yes, let's see are there any more babies we should throw out
with the bathwater?

PawsForThought December 6th 03 01:34 PM

From: (Steve Crane)

(Liz) wrote in message
.com...
(GAUBSTER2) wrote in message
Why do millions of cats thrive on dry commercial diets?

They thrive until they get sick... Let´s see... FLUTD, diabetes, IBD..

Which affects what - maybe 5% of cats at some point in thier
lifetimes? So what everyone should do is abandon what works quite well
for 95% of cats and jump on the totally unproven BARFers bandwagon.
Something the vast majority of veterinarians and all Board Certified
Veterinary Nutritionists do not agree with. Heck yeh, that makes
perfect sense, sign me up.

Interesting, I didn't see anything in Liz's post about a raw diet. In fact,
she was simply commenting on "dry" commercial diets. But of course, being a
sales rep for Hill's Science Diet, I think you just see red if anyone doesn't
agree with you. As to the 5% you quoted, do you have anything to back that up?
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

Cheryl December 6th 03 04:26 PM

In ,

PawsForThought composed with style:
From: (Steve Crane)

(Liz) wrote in message
. com...

They thrive until they get sick... Let´s see... FLUTD, diabetes,
IBD..

Which affects what - maybe 5% of cats at some point in thier
lifetimes?

As to the 5% you
quoted, do you have anything to back that up?

I'm interested in this answer, too. All three of those diseases
affects only 5% of all cats? I find that very hard to believe. I've
noticed him posting similar statistics WRT allergies (food allergies
in particular) and it seems to me these are all things that are very
common these days (according to my experience with multiple vets in
the last couple of years and the number of problems just on Usenet and
Yahoo groups.)

Cheryl December 6th 03 04:26 PM

In ,

PawsForThought composed with style:

PawsForThought December 6th 03 04:46 PM

From: "Cheryl"

PawsForThought composed with style:
From:
(Steve Crane)

(Liz) wrote in message
. com...

They thrive until they get sick... Let´s see... FLUTD, diabetes,
IBD..

Which affects what - maybe 5% of cats at some point in thier
lifetimes?

As to the 5% you
quoted, do you have anything to back that up?

I'm interested in this answer, too. All three of those diseases
affects only 5% of all cats? I find that very hard to believe. I've
noticed him posting similar statistics WRT allergies (food allergies
in particular) and it seems to me these are all things that are very
common these days (according to my experience with multiple vets in
the last couple of years and the number of problems just on Usenet and
Yahoo groups.)

That's why I questioned it. It just doesn't seem right, does it? I know
myself I've seen many, many posts about cats with these diseases. BTW, what
does WRT mean?

Lauren
________

PawsForThought December 6th 03 04:46 PM

From: "Cheryl"

PawsForThought composed with style:
From:
(Steve Crane)

. com...

Cheryl December 6th 03 05:32 PM

In ,
PawsForThought composed with style:

That's why I questioned it. It just doesn't seem right, does it?
I know myself I've seen many, many posts about cats with these
diseases.

Just think about all of those out there who never post to these
forums? Or all those who don't try to get medical treatment for
various reasons and have the cat PTS? I know many people who wouldn't
"bother" with extensive medical treatment for a cat. Some are
probably never even diagnosed.

BTW, what does WRT mean?

with regards to.

PawsForThought December 6th 03 08:16 PM

From: "Cheryl"

PawsForThought composed with style:

That's why I questioned it. It just doesn't seem right, does it?
I know myself I've seen many, many posts about cats with these
diseases.

Just think about all of those out there who never post to these
forums? Or all those who don't try to get medical treatment for
various reasons and have the cat PTS? I know many people who wouldn't
"bother" with extensive medical treatment for a cat. Some are
probably never even diagnosed.

I'm sure you're right.

BTW, what does WRT mean?

with regards to.