CatBanter

-   -   Is this cat abandonment, or am I crazy? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=63869)

Dr Smithpeters November 23rd 05 04:32 AM

Is this cat abandonment, or am I crazy?

If someone who says they may have your lost cat, releases that cat at
your apartment complex, and then refuses to pick it up when the cat is
recaptured, is that animal abandonment? As it turned out, the animal
she brought LOOKED like my cat, but was NOT my cat.

That's what has happened here in Hammond, Louisiana. The SLU co-ed (who
cannot seem to put a sentence together) would not come get the cat she
left here a week previous.

When I told her I would be phoning animal control and letting them
decide what should be done, her father called me and said he'd called
the sheriff's department on me, saying I threatened his little girl. He
didn't seem all that intelligent himself.

The deputies haven't arrived yet. It's been three hours.