Removing cat pee from papers

hope that's not on your cigarette papers!

Yuck

PawsForThought August 10th 04 01:10 AM

From: Ronn Blankenship

some of these are the original papers I received back then, so I
can't just make photocopies and throw the smelly ones away, as they may
want me to be able to produce the originals.

Hi Ronn,
I honestly don't think you're going to be able to successfully remove the
stains and smell without damaging the documents. What I would do is make
photocopies, then put the originals in one of those plastic shoe boxes or
whatever. Then when you're asked to produce the papers, bring in the plastic
shoe box and the copies. I really don't think anyone is going to give you a
hard time once you explain the situation.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Declawing Info: http://www.wholecatjournal.com/articles/claws.htm

Suzie-Q August 10th 04 02:28 AM

In article ,
olitter (PawsForThought) wrote:

- From: Ronn Blankenship

-
- some of these are the original papers I received back then, so I
- can't just make photocopies and throw the smelly ones away, as they may
- want me to be able to produce the originals.
-
- Hi Ronn,
- I honestly don't think you're going to be able to successfully remove the
- stains and smell without damaging the documents. What I would do is make
- photocopies, then put the originals in one of those plastic shoe boxes or
- whatever. Then when you're asked to produce the papers, bring in the plastic
- shoe box and the copies. I really don't think anyone is going to give you a
- hard time once you explain the situation.

I agree. I suggest that you put each original document into one of
those plastic document protectors so that you (or someone else) can
handle them without concern.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617
ICQ: 349878998

Mary August 10th 04 02:31 AM

"Ronn Blankenship" wrote in message
Hi, all,

About 5 years or so ago, soon after D.J. arrived, he found and placed
his mark on some of the original papers relating to the disability
claim.

Those papers are probably copies of others filed somewhere. Remember,
government bureaucracies do everything in quadruplicate. Look at the agency
name on those papers and do some research on the Internet and perhaps via
telephone. Bet you can get brand new certified copies. It is depressing
enough to be disabled. I really do not think you need to hang on to peed
upon papers.

Toni from T.O. August 10th 04 02:55 PM

"Ronn Blankenship" wrote in message
Hi, all,

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to remove the stain and smell
from paper without damaging the paper or what's printed on it?

How about getting photocopies made and having them notarized?

Toni

Jason R. August 11th 04 02:30 AM

Get a tightt sealed container plastic and put moth balls in the
container with your papers seal the plastic box or container for about
30 days then remove the papers let them air out until the moth ball odor
is gone keep doing this until you smell no odor from the cat and the
moth balls.keep the old moth balls they can be reused just leave them in
the box and put your papers back in again if they need it..place about 3
to 4 moth balls in the container.. the moth balls will not harm the
papers.Jason