CatBanter

-   -   Anybody have a Ragdoll kitty? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14876)

Mary December 1st 03 10:54 PM

Anybody have a Ragdoll kitty?

Upon reflection, it occurred to me that my neighbor's new cat might be
a Ragdoll, because it goes limp when picked up and just sort of drapes
over you. I did a Google image search, and there she was!

Am I correct in recalling that Ragdolls have soft, thick fur, large
frames, gentle dispositions, and "Siamese-type" coloring? I do
remember that they are bred for that "going limp" characteristic.

Yngver December 2nd 03 04:33 PM

Mary" wrote:

Upon reflection, it occurred to me that my neighbor's new cat might be
a Ragdoll, because it goes limp when picked up and just sort of drapes
over you. I did a Google image search, and there she was!

Am I correct in recalling that Ragdolls have soft, thick fur, large
frames, gentle dispositions, and "Siamese-type" coloring? I do
remember that they are bred for that "going limp" characteristic.

Other cats may "go limp" when picked up too, like some Birmans do. Birmans have
similar coloring as well, so that's another possibility. Does the cat have four
white mittens?

~*SooZy*~ December 2nd 03 04:52 PM

Mary" wrote in message
. com...
Upon reflection, it occurred to me that my neighbor's new cat might be
a Ragdoll, because it goes limp when picked up and just sort of drapes
over you. I did a Google image search, and there she was!

Am I correct in recalling that Ragdolls have soft, thick fur, large
frames, gentle dispositions, and "Siamese-type" coloring? I do
remember that they are bred for that "going limp" characteristic.

yes I have Ragdolls, I hope your neighbour doesn't let hers out!!!!!!!

Check out the link below to see mine
--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*

Mary December 2nd 03 04:56 PM

"Yngver" wrote in message
Mary" wrote:

Upon reflection, it occurred to me that my neighbor's new cat might

be
a Ragdoll, because it goes limp when picked up and just sort of

drapes
over you. I did a Google image search, and there she was!

Am I correct in recalling that Ragdolls have soft, thick fur, large
frames, gentle dispositions, and "Siamese-type" coloring? I do
remember that they are bred for that "going limp" characteristic.

Other cats may "go limp" when picked up too, like some Birmans do.

Birmans have
similar coloring as well, so that's another possibility. Does the

cat have four
white mittens?

No, her feet are dark, dark brown fading to splotches that look like
"Cookies and Cream" ice cream, as is her face. I looked at Birmans but
they all had longer hair. This cat's hair is super soft and fuzzy,
very very thick, but not long. I mean, not sleek like a DSH--but not
long. And she has a big, rounded head and round very blue, very
crossed eyes. I think when she fills out her normal weight might be in
the 12-13 pound range when SLIM. She is a big-boned baby, and so laid
back.

Mary December 2nd 03 05:04 PM

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
yes I have Ragdolls, I hope your neighbour doesn't let hers

out!!!!!!!

Oh god, no, the cruel ******* who dumped the cat had her declawed.
:-( And, we live on a busy street.

Check out the link below to see mine
--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*
http://community.webshots.com/user/ragmoor 3/4 Ragdoll Kittens

all sold
http://community.webshots.com/user/ragdollcatsuk my Ragdoll cats

Gorgeous!

Mary December 2nd 03 05:09 PM

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
Check out the link below to see mine

--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*
http://community.webshots.com/user/ragmoor 3/4 Ragdoll Kittens

all sold
http://community.webshots.com/user/ragdollcatsuk my Ragdoll cats

Your adult ragdolls all look like this cat would if it had some TLC
and filled out some. Their fur is unique, isn't it? Very thick and
fuzzy but not very long? I think perhaps the neighbor's cat is a mix
because of her spatter "cookies and cream" markings and her very round
head and high forehead. Thank you.