CatBanter

-   -   Marlo getting to be normal (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113496)

dgk June 7th 17 07:08 PM

Marlo getting to be normal

For a cat anyway. We took her to the vet to check on her hyperthyroid
condition and she's in the normal range so the dosage she's getting
must be about right. She's even gained af few ounces (that;s probably
a few pebbles in British weights) and is about 7.5 lbs.

Mom is a bit worried about her, mostly because she thought Marlo was
maybe 8 or 9 and she's actually 13. Instead of a playful kitten, she
has a less playfull senior.

Marlo's still eating pretty much non-stop, her regular 2 meals a day
(with compounded medication), plus 2nd breakfast, pre-lunch,
pre-dinner, and post-dinner. Basically, she eats her own meals as well
as whatever we're having.

We're allowed to keep feeding her well until she gains a bit more
weight but then we have to cut back. That mgiht not be too hard if she
becomes less ravenous, but there's been no sign of that happening.

jmcquown[_2_] June 8th 17 01:34 PM

Marlo getting to be normal

On 6/7/2017 2:08 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

I'm glad the medication seems to be working. :)

Jill