CatBanter

-   -   B & C and Fireworks (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9201)

Bev November 4th 04 11:38 PM

B & C and Fireworks

We did a day trip on a bus tour yesterday to see some lovely
Rhododendrum and Azalea gardens - they were fabulous. However as we
were gone from 7.a.m. to 8 p.m. it was necessary to lock up the terrible
three. Put FSP in the cat house and left B & C inside. They were not
pleased and Clyde rewarded me by peeing on the damp dishcloth on the
kitchen bench, sigh.
He couldn't pee in the sink as I had covered it with an oven tray! I
let them outside for a while when we got home, (foolishly, I might add
as they are very hard to catch at night) I had forgotten it was Guy
Fawke's Eve and there were fizz bangs and crackers going off
everywhere. Most cats are terrified of crackers and such but not B &
C. I bet they would light the fuses if I gave them the chance.
Finally I nabbed them as they sat on the lawn together admiring a load
of stars from a particularly noisy rocket.

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Kreisleriana November 4th 04 11:43 PM

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:38:46 +1300, Bev yodeled:

[...]

What a couple of characters!

Theresa

lewe November 5th 04 12:15 AM

Bev skrev i
diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:418AAF76.318FB099@xtr a.co.nz...
| We did a day trip on a bus tour yesterday to see some lovely
| Rhododendrum and Azalea gardens - they were fabulous. However as we
| were gone from 7.a.m. to 8 p.m. it was necessary to lock up the terrible
| three. Put FSP in the cat house and left B & C inside. They were not
| pleased and Clyde rewarded me by peeing on the damp dishcloth on the
| kitchen bench, sigh.
| He couldn't pee in the sink as I had covered it with an oven tray! I
| let them outside for a while when we got home, (foolishly, I might add
| as they are very hard to catch at night) I had forgotten it was Guy
| Fawke's Eve and there were fizz bangs and crackers going off
| everywhere. Most cats are terrified of crackers and such but not B &
| C. I bet they would light the fuses if I gave them the chance.
| Finally I nabbed them as they sat on the lawn together admiring a load
| of stars from a particularly noisy rocket.

sounds like you had a nice tour, even if you had to pay for it later ...
Next time =) you come to visit Sweden you should come end of May, they have
a great collection of Rhododendrons not too far from here, started by a
former king of Sweden, it's a nice place, a castle overlooking the Oresund
and Denmark - even if I am sure nothing to do with nature can compete with
NZ ...
http://www.sofiero.helsingborg.se/eng/index_eng.html

T&B are usually fascinated by fireworks too, they will watch with great
interest from the window sill. Only New Year's 2000 when it was even more
sparkling and crackling going on then usually they got a bit fed up after a
some time and left the windows.
Thea is on the keyboard just now, headbutting me so I suppose she means for
me to pass them on to you ... =)
--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

lewe November 5th 04 12:15 AM

Bev skrev i

Marina November 5th 04 05:45 AM

Bev wrote:

[...]

Frank and Nikki used to enjoy fireworks, too, but the last couple of
years, on New Year's Eve, Frank has been terrified, poor boy. I don't
know why he's suddenly afraid of them, but I have to stay up all night
to calm him down on New Year's.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

[email protected] November 5th 04 12:26 PM

Bev wrote:

Finally I nabbed them as they sat on the lawn together admiring
a load of stars from a particularly noisy rocket.

That's such a cute image!

Joyce

Adrian November 6th 04 11:27 AM

Bev wrote:
[...]

I didn't realise you celebrated Guy Fawkes in New Zealand, I'm glad the
cats weren't upset. Where I live I have double glazing, also few
neighbours with children, so indoors the fireworks were bearly audible.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.