CatBanter

-   -   Newbie needs help please (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27735)

donna b May 31st 05 03:06 AM

Newbie needs help please

Elle May 31st 05 03:52 AM

Donna, sorry to hear about Bean's diabetes. I'm sure you'll get some good
suggestions here. With someone's help here, I found another excellent
resource for feline diabetes cases is at the board
http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/list.php?8 . Maybe ask there, too.

"donna b" wrote Hi, My cat 'Bean' is 8 years old
and was just diagnosed with diabetes.
So far he is on medication. He seems to be doing very well but I have a
big problem. Whenever he uses his litter box, the kitty litter is
sticking to his toes. I have been using Fresh Step for ages and his box
is the largest size available. Is there another kitty litter that can
help me with this problem? I'm at my wits end and don't know how I can
fix the problem. Other than that, he's a happy cat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ~ Donna

Donna's Crochet Group

chelsea p June 1st 05 04:11 PM

My cat has similar problems and was recently told to use shredded news
paper or a clay base litter.

Haven't tried it yet, will let you know if it works!

Like to pose a question to the group, has anyone tried newspaper or a
clay base litter and what are your thoughts on it??

Thank You

Chel

W. Leong June 2nd 05 01:28 AM

Sorry to hear 'Bean' got diabetes.
I had the same problem of litter stuck to Rusty's toes.The litter I am
using currently doesn't seem to stick. It is Swheat Scoop and is
wheat based. It costs a bit more than regular clay based litter.
It also tracks more and a bit dusty. But I don't have to worry about
Rusty swallowing it when he cleans himself.

I used newspaper base litter before but Rusty didn't like it.
Besides, since Rusty has a history of urinary problems, I need to
know how much he urinated. It is hard to tell using newspaper litter.

Winnie

donna b June 3rd 05 03:50 AM

W. Leong June 3rd 05 05:12 AM

I got Swheat Scoop from a nearby Pet Value store. I checked the
Petsmart website and they carry it. I don't know about Petco as
we don't have a Petco in town.

Winnie

Meghan Noecker June 3rd 05 06:52 AM

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:12:05 -0400, "W. Leong"
wrote:

I got Swheat Scoop from a nearby Pet Value store. I checked the
Petsmart website and they carry it. I don't know about Petco as
we don't have a Petco in town.

I get it at both Petco and Petsmart. And a couple other small pet
stores.

Also, Target carries it.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography

---MIKE--- June 3rd 05 01:37 PM

Donna, This is a text only group so please turn off your signature when
posting (no html).

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')