CatBanter

-   -   Disturbing News (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=94766)

jmcquown[_2_] April 19th 09 12:47 PM

Disturbing News

kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry! for
having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her cats. I
know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted but he's turned
put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he still bothers to feed
them. Dammit!

Jill

Adrian[_2_] April 19th 09 01:04 PM

Disturbing News

jmcquown wrote:
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry!
for having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her
cats. I know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted
but he's turned put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he
still bothers to feed them. Dammit!

Jill

I was dreading that happening and was hoping it wouldn't, I feel very sad
and angry now.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

jmcquown[_2_] April 19th 09 01:41 PM

Disturbing News

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry!
for having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her
cats. I know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted
but he's turned put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he
still bothers to feed them. Dammit!

Jill

I was dreading that happening and was hoping it wouldn't, I feel very sad
and angry now.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

I was afraid of it, too. But I was trying to help and hoping he'd keep what
she intended when she rescued them in mind. Now I'm just very, very angry.
So are other friends of hers. I'm getting emails asking me if he really
turned the cats out. Yes, he did. GRRRRRRR.

He put this video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFURD5dp_QU

The cat he calls "Retard" is Tyrone, and okay, Christy said he was
"retarded" too. The other cat is Miss Pua. What happened to Chloe?! They
had three cats! Where's Chloe?

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] April 19th 09 01:55 PM

Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

The cat he calls "Retard" is Chloe. He said so on another ng. I have no
idea what happened to Tyrone. They had three cats. What the hell does he
think he's doing? Too lazy to scoop a litterbox? Uh...

Jill

Kreisleriana[_2_] April 19th 09 03:48 PM

Disturbing News

"jmcquown" wrote in message
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry! for
having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her cats. I
know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted but he's turned
put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he still bothers to feed
them. Dammit!

Jill

What an ass. I feel heartbroken. You didn't do anything wrong, Jill! It's
NEVER wrong to be kind.

Outsider April 19th 09 03:49 PM

Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I think you need to get a little perspective here. Look at some of the
other videos he has posted. This is all I plan to say so agree or
disagree as you desire but I really think you are out of line.

Andy

jmcquown[_2_] April 19th 09 04:07 PM

Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

"outsider" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I have no idea what other videos he's posted. He stated plainly (to me) he
put the cats out. Only two cats... the girls. He keeps Tyrone inside. The
girls are outside. He claims they were more "destructive". heh, that's
sure not what Christy told me when she was still alive. And I know for a
fact Christy wouldn't have allowed the cats to remain outdoors.

Jill

Jean B. April 19th 09 06:26 PM

Disturbing News

jmcquown wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

In spite of the caption, they don't look like they are loving it! :-(

--
Jean B.

[email protected][_2_] April 19th 09 07:24 PM

On Apr 19, 8:07*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
.. *The
girls are outside. *He claims they were more "destructive". *

I'm crying for Chloe and Miss Pua. They;ve probably been through a
lot anyway when Kili was in hospital they would have probably been
submitted to varous family members coming in to feed them and little
more. I know when Dave was first in hospital I neglected the cats- I
didn't chuck them out, they had food, water and clean litter but for
about the first week or so I had so much to do that they were lucky to
get an occasional skritchie. In the end even through I was tired I
quite deliberately made time to play with them, brush them, talk to
them but even so I was going out in the morning, leaving them alone
all day (Whereas normally they'd have Dave for company) etc and I felt
bad about it.

But Kili's cats have had it worse- at least the girls knew me but who
knows when those poor cats were getting fed and who by, I can't say I
blame him for being with Kili but the change of routine must have
upset them..

And then Kili didn't come home...I remember Kili calling Miss Pua her
little shadow. Cats pick up on atmosphere and it can't have been a
happy one and when cats are unhappy they can get "destructive" it's
not malice it's their way of expressing unhappiness so what does he
do?

Chucks them outside...it breaks my heart to think of them hoping Kili
will come back and things will be happy and good for them again if I
was over there since he plainly doesn't seem to want them around I'd
ask to take them- okay it's another disruption and they'd have to muck
in with my two and they'd probably express their unhappiness by being
"destructive" but at least they'd be indoors Poor Miss Pua was a stray
wasn't she? She must be wondering what she did wrong having been put
back pretty much where she started from

If Alan doesn't want them perhaps someone here could offer them a home
I am pretty sure if Kili knew he was going to do this she would have
made other arrangements for them

I just can't believe someone could that to the cats Kili loved so much

And Jill don't be hard on yourself- if they need vet attention the
fact there's some money to cover it may be the only way they get it!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

jmcquown[_2_] April 19th 09 08:56 PM

wrote in message
[...]

Miss Pua was that poor scrawny little Siamese cat with a *bad* case of
ringworm. She went from being terribly emaciated to a happy almost "fluffy"
cat :) I remember following her progress as she gained weight and turned
into a gorgeous cat. Christy literally nursed her back to health. Chloe
and Tyrone were strays, too. They were littermates, IIRC. Tuxedo cats.
And no, she wouldn't have put them outside. I know there's the whole
indoor/outdoor thing. But Alan isn't even giving them the option of coming
inside. He stated flatly the girl cats are outside, the boy is inside.
Sheesh.

A lot of people are upset he simply turned them out. Christy absolutely
would not have wanted that. I'm sure she would have made other arrangements
if she'd known he would do this. Unfortunately, her family is in Washington
(state), not Florida. I'm not sure they'd have taken the cats anyway.

It just makes me sad. And angry. I feel bad for the cats.

Jill