CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RWatchtower (Jehovah's Witnesses) to BAN PUSSIES for Cult-members?e: H (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20637)

Agua Girl September 15th 03 02:59 AM

"nimue" wrote in message
.. .
Agua Girl wrote:
Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
shut the door? Works fine.

I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
informed.

I *think* that those were jokes meant to mock the ignorance Cat Protector
believes the Jehovah's Witnesses exhibit. I don't think that Cat

Protector
really believes those things -- CP just thinks that Jehovah's Witnesses
believe those things, and CP is making fun of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I
don't like the JW for their frightening "rules" concerning sexual abuse

and
the reporting of the same. Scary.

That's fine...but joking about the stereo-type does more to promote the
same. You have no idea (or maybe you do) the amount of muck one
has to go through if their religion isn't mainline. I do wear a pentagram
and am constantly having to explain it has nothing to do with devil worship
or any other nonsense that tv (and these jokes) feed the public. It's means
earth, fire, water, air and spirit. It is the star of life...yeah...real
scary business
that.
As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to do is
to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be "saved" by
them
but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the one
true
path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
horrible.
I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with rocks
when
I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them. (by we I
mean us
non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's required...and I
beg you
don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving your
pentagram
and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

AG

nimue September 15th 03 03:40 AM

Agua Girl wrote:
"nimue" wrote in message
.. .
Agua Girl wrote:
[...]

Just point out to anyone who asks that the pentacle star around your neck is
the exact same pentacle star that is on the American flag.

As for the JW, when they come to my door the most they are trying to
do is to "save" me. Obviously I don't need them and don't want to be
"saved" by them
but caring enough about a total stranger...wanting them to follow the
one true
path (by your own standards) is nothing more than misguided. It's not
horrible.
I can't and won't believe as they do but they don't pelt my door with
rocks when
I shut it and they don't yell slurs at me. ..not like we do them.
(by we I mean us
non JW). Like I said...a polite no thank you is all that's
required...and I beg you
don't tarnish the reputation of non mainline spiritualist by waving
your pentagram
and hollering about goat sacrifices. It does way more harm than good.

Well, I did something quite dreadful to some JW once. I didn't mean to. It
was an accident. A friend was supposed to meet me at my house. My house
was set back from the road a bit, and sheltered with a shady front porch. I
was running late, and was just getting in the shower when I heard the knock
at the front door. I knew it was my friend, so I leaped out of the shower,
ran dripping stark naked to the door, flung it open to let my friend in, and
saw -- two Jehovah's Witnesses! I nearly died on the spot. I slammed the
door in their faces, grabbed my bathrobe (which was hanging on the front
door hook -- why I don't know) and opened the door again to apologize. They
were completely unaffected! They smiled, and told me they were there to
discuss the bible, etc. They acted as if nothing had happened. I told them
I couldn't -- was expecting a friend -- had to take a shower -- I eventually
got rid of them, but I don't think I have ever completely gotten over the
embarrassment of that moment!

AG

--
nimue

"Because the thing about the Nerds, what made them so appealing, was
that not only are they underdogs, they are underdogs who accept other
underdogs unconditionally. And that speaks volumes to people."

Curtis Armstrong

"I don't understand why you don't want to see more of Spike. More
Spike makes everything better. Spike, Spike, Spike, wonderful Spike."
Clairel

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

Cat Protector September 15th 03 04:27 AM

Apparently Agua girl has no sense of humor.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" wrote in message
. ..
Why don't you try "no thanks but thank you for stopping by" and then
shut the door? Works fine.

I am curious about all your goats blood, hell, pentagram "jokes". I
hope it is not your opinion that anyone who wears a pentagram (or
pentacle) is some how involved in those silly tv depictions of pagans
or witches. If not, than your merely perpetuating a myth..if so...get
informed.

AG

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I am not a fan of Jehovah's Witnesses since they make it a point to come

your house to quote the bible when you clearly did not ask them to. Here

are
a some excuses or questions one can use to get rid of them.

1. It is time for my cat worshipping meeting.

2. I am getting ready to go out to and witness the sacrifice of a goat

so
can't talk right now.

3. This household is ruled by three cats and I must bow to them.

4. I am meeting with my other religious brothers so I don't have time

right
now. It is also my turn to bring the goat's blood.

5. Thanks for coming but Jehovah owes me money from a previous gambling
debt. Are you here to pay up?

6. The dark lord says I'll have a hard time in hell if I keep him

waiting.

7. I am hosting my first orgy. Do you have any grapes?

8. Got any virgins in your group?

9. You interrupted my porno viewing and thanks to you JW's I am now

sexually
frustrated.

10. Didn't you see the pentagram hanging in my window?

Cat Protector September 15th 03 04:40 AM

I think you worry far too much about this subject. Nobody mentioned anything
about the pentagram being specifically for devil worship although it has
been used as a symbol for it as well as paganism. It is a tool and it can be
used for bad or good. You need to have a sense of humor here though.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
. ..