CatBanter

-   -   Prozac (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89478)

[email protected] June 26th 08 05:22 PM

Prozac

One of my cats is definitely insane. I won't bore you with all we've
been through to come to that conclusion, but trust me when I say, he's
crazy. He's been on Prozac for two months and it's been great! I was
concerned how it would affect him, but he seems really happy and very
calm, instead of hyper and paranoid, doesn't spray anymore, and we all
get a good night's sleep now. My only concern is that he seems to
have lost any interest in taking care of himself. He's DSH so there's
no grooming usually, but now I'm combing him every few days because of
all the dead hair, he used to be really meticulous. I'm just
wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks!

Sue

cybercat June 26th 08 08:19 PM

Prozac

wrote in message
One of my cats is definitely insane. I won't bore you with all we've
been through to come to that conclusion, but trust me when I say, he's
crazy. He's been on Prozac for two months and it's been great! I was
concerned how it would affect him, but he seems really happy and very
calm, instead of hyper and paranoid, doesn't spray anymore, and we all
get a good night's sleep now. \

This is also how it effected me. :)

My only concern is that he seems to
have lost any interest in taking care of himself. He's DSH so there's
no grooming usually, but now I'm combing him every few days because of
all the dead hair, he used to be really meticulous. I'm just
wondering if anyone else had this problem.

No, I still brush my hair regularly, but I would say, pick your battles.
If he is not washing his nether regions you can take a swipe with a baby
wipe every now and then. The worst he will do is give you a dirty look
if your's quick.

blkcatgal June 26th 08 08:24 PM

Prozac

I had a cat that was taking prozac off and on for about 4 years. I never
had a problem with him grooming himself. You may want to ask your vet about
this.

S.
---

CatNipped[_2_] June 26th 08 08:37 PM

Prozac

"cybercat" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

I'd go with just a warm wet washcloth - I don't know for sure, but baby
wipes may have some additive that wouldn't be good for cats to lick off of
themselves (I know, I'm a paranoid cat mommy! ;)

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat June 26th 08 09:26 PM

Prozac

"CatNipped" wrote

I'd go with just a warm wet washcloth - I don't know for sure, but baby
wipes may have some additive that wouldn't be good for cats to lick off of
themselves (I know, I'm a paranoid cat mommy! ;)

Good thinking.

blkcatgal June 26th 08 09:54 PM

Prozac

They do make pet wipes. You can buy them at the pet store. But a warm wet
washcloth would work just as well...and cheaper.

S.
---

"CatNipped" wrote