CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   belated introduction (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21749)

Monique Y. Mudama November 19th 04 05:50 PM

belated introduction

In my typical fashion, I've done everything bass-ackwards ... so ... I'd like
to introduce myself now.

My cat's name is Oscar. She's a "domestic longhair" of the grey variety, or in
other words, a mutt. I've had her since she was a kitten; she was born in the
wild. Well, the wilds of the bottom side of someone's deck where her mother
was hiding. She's always been skittish and a bit touchy, but I love her
dearly and try to keep her happy and respect her mood swings.

I abhor declawing and strongly believe in spaying/neutering, though I did feel
awful for Oscar while she was recovering from being spayed. It's such an
invasive procedure =/

Anyway, that's me.

--
monique

PawsForThought November 19th 04 11:32 PM

From: "Monique Y. Mudama"

I abhor declawing and strongly believe in spaying/neutering, though I did
feel
awful for Oscar while she was recovering from being spayed. It's such an
invasive procedure =/

Hi Monique and welcome :)
I know what you mean about feeling bad when they get spayed. Even though we
know it's for the best, it's still hard to watch them go through it.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Declawing Info: http://www.wholecatjournal.com/articles/claws.htm

Sherry November 20th 04 03:35 AM

Welcome to the newsgroup, Monique! How old is Oscar? Longhaired gray kitties
are gorgeous. Looking forward to hearing about her.

Sherry

Monique Y. Mudama November 20th 04 04:08 AM

On 2004-11-20, Sherry penned:
Welcome to the newsgroup, Monique! How old is Oscar? Longhaired gray kitties
are gorgeous. Looking forward to hearing about her.

Thank you! She's not quite four years old. I think she's gorgeous; my mother
in law claims she has "wild eyes" and is not to be trusted. I'll admit she's
a bit ... temperamental. But she avoids strangers, anyway, so it's not really
a problem. She was 8 weeks old when I got her from a stray's litter; I don't
know if that short of a time was enough to make her more suspicious and
nervous than cats who were born indoors.

--
monique