CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   need help ID-ing breed (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21599)

Cris Cho August 15th 04 11:01 AM

need help ID-ing breed

Hi... many years ago a friend of mine (who I've now lost touch with) had a
neighbour who had a pair of cats: shorthairs, big black and white patches
(i.e. non-spotty or tabby-striped). My memory is so-so on the tails; I'm
pretty sure they were non-fluffy, but I really don't recall if they were
normal length or short. The most remarkable thing about these cats is that
they were *huge*. We're talking head nearly knee height. They were the
biggest cats I've ever seen.

After looking around a little on the web I haven't been able to find a
picture of anything like them. Usually it's because the other breeds have
a fluffy tail.

Can anyone determine if they any specific breed? Or just accidental that
they were so big? (Pardon my terminology as I am no expert on cats.)

Thanks from Cris

Kalyahna August 16th 04 07:18 PM

"Cris Cho" wrote in message
5.239...

[...]

Most likely just moggies (cat-mutts). Our two biggest shelter cats ever were
from a cat house - perhaps a result of inbreeding.

Cris Cho August 18th 04 03:51 AM

"Kalyahna" wrote in
:

"Cris Cho" wrote in message

Can anyone determine if they any specific breed? Or just accidental
that they were so big? (Pardon my terminology as I am no expert on
cats.)

Most likely just moggies (cat-mutts). Our two biggest shelter cats
ever were from a cat house - perhaps a result of inbreeding.

Thanks for the information!