CatBanter

-   -   Sound (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=110548)

Mack A. Damia January 19th 14 08:33 PM

Sound

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

--
~Cogito ergo errant ego~

John Doe January 20th 14 02:47 AM

Sound

Mack A. Damia mybaconbutty hotmail.com wrote:

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

I don't think so. Pay attention for any unusual behavior. Cats are
very good at coping, they are masters at hunkering down. And I doubt
it hurts their eardrums.

Good luck and have fun.

Mack A. Damia January 20th 14 03:17 AM

Sound

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 01:47:59 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Mack A. Damia mybaconbutty hotmail.com wrote:

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

I don't think so. Pay attention for any unusual behavior. Cats are
very good at coping, they are masters at hunkering down. And I doubt
it hurts their eardrums.

Good luck and have fun.

Just got a new Bose radio and CD player. I was listening to E. Power
Biggs playing Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor on the Flentrop
Tracker at the Busch Reisinger Museum at Harvard.

I turned the volume up a bit and Pookie seemed to get anxious for a
minute, but then she settled down.

I have to wonder because many of us don't like very loud, blaring
music, so why shouldn't cats be the same?

Thanks for your response.

dgk January 24th 14 03:43 PM

Sound

wrote:

Mack A. Damia mybaconbutty hotmail.com wrote:

Any evidence that loud music hurts cats' ears?

I don't mean "blaring" music but reasonably loud.

I don't think so. Pay attention for any unusual behavior. Cats are
very good at coping, they are masters at hunkering down. And I doubt
it hurts their eardrums.

Good luck and have fun.

Just got a new Bose radio and CD player. I was listening to E. Power
Biggs playing Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor on the Flentrop
Tracker at the Busch Reisinger Museum at Harvard.

I turned the volume up a bit and Pookie seemed to get anxious for a
minute, but then she settled down.

I have to wonder because many of us don't like very loud, blaring
music, so why shouldn't cats be the same?

Thanks for your response.

I would think cats are more bothered since their hearing is much more
acute than ours. And I know that 40 years of loud concerts haven't
done my hearing any good but I don't see how a bit of loud music will
hurt them.

T[_4_] January 25th 14 12:26 AM

Sound

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Yeah - I've had my fair share of loud music. In fact most of my hearing
loss didn't come from that but from ear infections I'd had as a kid.
That scar tissue is a bitch when you get older.