CatBanter

-   -   Wilbur (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113511)

Christina Websell June 25th 17 03:59 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Joy[_3_] June 25th 17 06:56 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Often we aren't the ones who get to choose.

Cheryl[_5_] June 25th 17 01:04 PM

Wilbur

On 2017-06-25 12:29 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

What's his name?

After poor Sam died so young, I thought I'd get another cat of course,
but not yet. Maybe after a year or even longer. Only a few months later
I decided to visit a shelter, and found a new cat to bring home. It's
not always easy to predict when or if you'll be ready for a new cat.

--
Cheryl

MaryL June 26th 17 01:37 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you
think he is?

MaryL

Chris H[_3_] June 26th 17 02:47 PM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Awww... Concatulations! How old is he? What color?

Purrs-

Chris and Oreo

Christina Websell June 26th 17 11:54 PM

Wilbur

Christina Websell June 27th 17 12:03 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
he is?

I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

MaryL

MaryL June 27th 17 12:32 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
he is?

I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

MaryL

In what way is he difficult, and why can't you sleep? Does he make a
lot of noise at night or run around your bedroom? Part of it may be
just a matter of each of your getting used to the other. I remember
that Boyfriend would not use a litter box indoors. Have you tried that
with Wilbur?

MaryL

Christina Websell June 27th 17 12:32 AM

Wilbur

"Chris H" wrote in message
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Awww... Concatulations! How old is he? What color?

Purrs-

Chris and Oreo

He's 6 nearly 7 and he's black and white.

Cheryl[_6_] June 27th 17 11:55 AM

Wilbur

On 2017-06-26 8:33 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
he is?

I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

It took months for Kerry and Cinnamon to settle down, and even now it's
more a case of each having their own zone than sweet affection between
adopted sisters. Cinnamon's zone is the bedroom, and she always wants
lots of petting when I go to bed, often arriving for her petting by
walking up the length of my body, putting paws in sensitive places.
Once, when I forgot to ensure Kerry was out of the bedroom before I
settled down for the night, I was woken up by Kerry bouncing off my
head. I think she was going for a kind of three-point jump - bedside
table 1, me, bedside table 2. There's reasons she's shut out of the room
at night, and it's not only because she pesters poor Cinnamon!

Kerry was probably a year old when I got her almost exactly a year ago
now. I chose an adult cat too. Cinnamon is probably about 11 or 12; and
was about 4 when she moved in.

--
Cheryl