CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   cats w/heart mumors need info plz (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20532)

Angela Green July 10th 03 08:44 AM

cats w/heart mumors need info plz

I need more info about cats with heart mumors. What I need to know is,
is this passed down through the genes? Also can someone tell me how do
you tell the signs of a heart mumor in a cat so it can be taken to a
Vet. Also is a heart mumor common in siamese?

thanks in advance,
Angela

Sothrnngts July 10th 03 11:10 AM

I need more info about cats with heart mumors. What I need to know is,
is this passed down through the genes? Also can someone tell me how do
you tell the signs of a heart mumor in a cat so it can be taken to a
Vet. Also is a heart mumor common in siamese?

thanks in advance,
Angela

Hi Angela -

I had a siamese with a heart murmur. She lived 19 years with the condition.
Each year at the vet, it was duly noted and I was cautioned to keep an eye out
for any signs of distress - coughing, breathing difficulty - but I'm happy to
say that it was never a problem.

Lynn