CatBanter

-   -   declawing (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12015)

kaeli July 1st 03 01:59 PM

declawing

In article , 1234
@org.com.net shared the illuminating thought...
Is there anyone her that this that declawing is something that I should not
have done?

Only pretty much everyone who posts to this group. *G*

http://www.stopdeclaw.com

~kaeli~
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Kill one man and you are a murderer.
Kill millions and you are a conqueror.
Kill everyone and you are God.

Joe July 1st 03 08:20 PM

wrote:

My poor little timid cat would be really freaked. She doesn't like any
surface she can't get a good grip on (she hates slippery floors) and
without her claws it would make the carpet that much more slippery for
her (she likes to dig her claws in and run when some new person is
coming in, you can hear her run frmo the claws being dug in).

Sometimes when Kiki is in a certain mood, she will grip the carpet with
her claws as she walks. I can hear her claws releasing with each step.

Devlin Tay August 5th 03 09:50 AM

"Linda Terrell" wrote in message

Have several scratching posts around -- the kind with the rope
works best.

Yeah, they work really well. And kitty's claws will peel off regularly (the
old outer surface just sorta moulds as the younger tissue grows and pushes
out from underneath) when she uses the scratching posts, so clipping isn't
usually a problem when the kitty has, and regularly uses, a suitable
scratching post.

Devlin
Perth, Australia

kaeli August 5th 03 02:29 PM

In article ,
enlightened us with...

Yeah, they work really well. And kitty's claws will peel off regularly (the
old outer surface just sorta moulds as the younger tissue grows and pushes
out from underneath) when she uses the scratching posts, so clipping isn't
usually a problem when the kitty has, and regularly uses, a suitable
scratching post.

My cats love the sisal posts.

I do clip their nails though so when they run around chasing each other
like maniacs, their claws don't catch on the carpet or the couch. If I
don't clip, the claws are quite sharp and I've seen them catch on the
more plush materials. Gives me a fright that one time they'll hurt their
little fingers or toes. They are used to clipping and I've never nicked
the quick, so they all tolerate it well and two of them purr while I'm
doing it.

~kaeli~
Found God? If nobody claims Him in 30 days,
He's yours to keep.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any
more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

PawsForThought August 6th 03 07:21 PM

From: (---MIKE---)

Lauren, I am just a "collector"! I also keep any whiskers I find in a
different jar. During the summer, I work at a water park. I go in
early and collect the coins (and occasional bills) I find in the various
pools. Looking for claws and whiskers keeps me in practice!.

ROFL!! Nothing like practice makes perfect, eh Mike?
I heard from somewhere that collecting whiskers brings good luck. Maybe I
should start collecting them too :)

I wonder if you added colored sand to the jar of claw pieces what it would look
like. I bet it would look neat and a real work of art.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe