CatBanter

-   -   18 year old kitty going for his first big grooming tomorrow (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17115)

beth April 21st 04 05:47 PM

18 year old kitty going for his first big grooming tomorrow

My almost 18 year old Tycho is a long haired tabby. He just doesn't
groom himself well anymore, and he is full of mats (he won't let us
brush him on the lower part of his back or belly). I'm bringing him
to the vet for a "shave" tomorrow. Because I work, I'll be dropping
him off in the AM and picking him up after work. I'm worried about
him, since his last encounter with the razor at the vet led to pee and
poo bec he was so nervous...and that was just a little quick trim on
one matted area! Wish us luck!

Mmhsb April 22nd 04 12:45 AM

(beth) wrote in message . com...
My almost 18 year old Tycho is a long haired tabby. He just doesn't
groom himself well anymore, and he is full of mats (he won't let us
brush him on the lower part of his back or belly). I'm bringing him
to the vet for a "shave" tomorrow. Because I work, I'll be dropping
him off in the AM and picking him up after work. I'm worried about
him, since his last encounter with the razor at the vet led to pee and
poo bec he was so nervous...and that was just a little quick trim on
one matted area! Wish us luck!

Good Luck!! I shave my long haired pussy once a month. mari

m. L. Briggs April 22nd 04 12:52 AM

On 21 Apr 2004 09:47:12 -0700, (beth) wrote:

My almost 18 year old Tycho is a long haired tabby. He just doesn't
groom himself well anymore, and he is full of mats (he won't let us
brush him on the lower part of his back or belly). I'm bringing him
to the vet for a "shave" tomorrow. Because I work, I'll be dropping
him off in the AM and picking him up after work. I'm worried about
him, since his last encounter with the razor at the vet led to pee and
poo bec he was so nervous...and that was just a little quick trim on
one matted area! Wish us luck!

Sending soothing purrs for 18 year old kitty. I'llbet he will be
proud when you tell him how handsome he is now. mLB

Karen Chuplis April 22nd 04 01:02 AM

in article , beth at
wrote on 4/21/04 11:47 AM:

My almost 18 year old Tycho is a long haired tabby. He just doesn't
groom himself well anymore, and he is full of mats (he won't let us
brush him on the lower part of his back or belly). I'm bringing him
to the vet for a "shave" tomorrow. Because I work, I'll be dropping
him off in the AM and picking him up after work. I'm worried about
him, since his last encounter with the razor at the vet led to pee and
poo bec he was so nervous...and that was just a little quick trim on
one matted area! Wish us luck!

Good luck! My mom has a 4 year old long haired named Tycho too!

Karen Chuplis April 22nd 04 01:02 AM

in article , m. L. Briggs at
wrote on 4/21/04 6:52 PM:

On 21 Apr 2004 09:47:12 -0700,
(beth) wrote:

My almost 18 year old Tycho is a long haired tabby. He just doesn't
groom himself well anymore, and he is full of mats (he won't let us
brush him on the lower part of his back or belly). I'm bringing him
to the vet for a "shave" tomorrow. Because I work, I'll be dropping
him off in the AM and picking him up after work. I'm worried about
him, since his last encounter with the razor at the vet led to pee and
poo bec he was so nervous...and that was just a little quick trim on
one matted area! Wish us luck!

Sending soothing purrs for 18 year old kitty. I'llbet he will be
proud when you tell him how handsome he is now. mLB

This is indeed a very important part of "after shave". Lavish compliments
work wonders.

karen

Karen Chuplis April 22nd 04 01:02 AM

in article , m. L. Briggs at

[email protected] April 22nd 04 01:31 AM

(Mmhsb) wrote:

Good Luck!! I shave my long haired pussy once a month. mari

Nah, it would be beneath me :-)

-mhd