CatBanter

-   -   Crass? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89507)

Sherry June 28th 08 08:36 PM

Crass?

Out of respect for KFC, I've started another thread--my comment has
little to do with the intended
topic so I have re-pasted the post into a new thread.

Helen wrote:

FWIW, I didn't read Pat's comment that way - although I can understand why

you can be a bit wary at the moment due to some of the crass comments
from
some on a.n.other thread about looking after KFC. I read Pat's comment
as
hoping KFC has a lot of good life in her yet, not as an adverse
reflection
on the care you give her.

I didn't read Pat's post as a criticism of the quality of care,
either.

As for MaryL (which I'm fairly sure is the one you're talking
about)...making "crass"
remarks: I didn't see any of that, either. "Crass" by definition
would refer to a remark
that was crude, unrefined, and totally lacking in discrimination or
sensibility.

What I saw was MaryL taking the time to post a suggestion based on
what she knew;
what she had seen possibly save the life of a cat. When her post
wasn't received well,
what *I* saw, was her apologizing all over herself. That is not crass.

Sherry

Christina Websell June 28th 08 11:02 PM

Crass?

Helen wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I don't think Helen was referring to MaryL at all. I certainly didn't
think her posts were "crass" It did upset me a bit to be called
"anti-American" though. Is that how you all perceive me?

Tweed

Kreisleriana[_3_] June 29th 08 12:01 AM

Crass?

Helen wrote:

[...]

I never have.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

[email protected] June 29th 08 12:33 AM

Crass?

Christina Websell wrote:

FWIW, I don't think Helen was referring to MaryL at all. I certainly didn't
think her posts were "crass" It did upset me a bit to be called
"anti-American" though. Is that how you all perceive me?

I do not!!!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

kilikini June 29th 08 12:48 AM

Crass?

Christina Websell wrote:

FWIW, I don't think Helen was referring to MaryL at all. I certainly
didn't think her posts were "crass" It did upset me a bit to be
called "anti-American" though. Is that how you all perceive me?

Tweed

I don't think of you that way at all.

kili

Magic Mood Jeep © June 29th 08 04:00 PM

Crass?

Helen wrote:

[...]

Absolutely not. There are cultural differences, and that's all. Mimi
is still smitten wif Her Sweet Boyfie.....

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Kylatte =^. .^=` June 30th 08 03:37 AM

Crass?

"Jofirey"
"Christina Websell" ...

"Sherry" ...

edit.

FWIW, I don't think Helen was referring to MaryL at all. I certainly
didn't think her posts were "crass" It did upset me a bit to be called
"anti-American" though. Is that how you all perceive me?

Tweed

No

Jo

I didn't even see the post, so I have no opinion, one way or another.
And no, Tweed, I've never considered you anti-American at all.
Kyla