CatBanter

-   Cat rescue (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=87040)

Paul Jackson March 15th 08 05:23 AM

Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL?

While down there on a business trip I noticed a colony of ferals living
around a steak house. I felt helpless to assist with their situation as
a couple of them looked in bad shape (I did provide food while I was there).

Was just wondering if anyone knows how I would find anyone in that area
that would be able to help these unfortunate souls?

Thanks,

-Paul, Seattle, WA

LFC March 16th 08 01:06 AM

Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL?

Try searching Google for "cat rescue, orlando fl" or "feral cats,
orlando fl" and you should get some results...

alisont via CatKB.com March 17th 08 01:59 PM

Anyone know of feral cat advocates in Orlando, FL?

There was a cat near a place I frequent that was obviously not feral but
apparently abandoned. I was feeding him regularly and it got so he would
recognize my car and come running when I pulled in. Then the place started
getting upset with him and was making noises about "getting rid of him" My
allergies won't let me keep more than two cats so I tried very hard to find a
place that I could take hime to be taken care of and rehomed. Every place I
called kept giving me instructions on how to introduce a new cat to my
household. They just didn't get it. I finally called a place called RAIN
(Rescuing Animals in Need) and they gave me great instructions on how to
capture him and had me take him straight to a vet where he was nuetered and
then fostered until he could get a home. They might be able to help.

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Paul Jackson March 21st 08 05:48 AM

alisont via CatKB.com wrote:
There was a cat near a place I frequent that was obviously not feral but
apparently abandoned. I was feeding him regularly and it got so he would
recognize my car and come running when I pulled in. Then the place started
getting upset with him and was making noises about "getting rid of him" My
allergies won't let me keep more than two cats so I tried very hard to find a
place that I could take hime to be taken care of and rehomed. Every place I
called kept giving me instructions on how to introduce a new cat to my
household. They just didn't get it. I finally called a place called RAIN
(Rescuing Animals in Need) and they gave me great instructions on how to
capture him and had me take him straight to a vet where he was nuetered and
then fostered until he could get a home. They might be able to help.

http://www.rescuinganimalsinneed.org/

Thank you for the link! I will certainly contact them and see what they
suggest.