CatBanter

-   -   Nuetered Male cat agressive toward newly spayed female kitten (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20059)

Paul Smith October 22nd 04 03:25 AM

Nuetered Male cat agressive toward newly spayed female kitten

We just had our 5 month old kitten spayed. I know she was a bit young,
but she had already gone into heat and she was leaving wonderful
bloody-mucous puddles here and there (first time I've seen that with a
cat). She was away for two days and our one year old male cat (we have
four all told), who was her best buddy prior to the spay now hisses at
her and bats at her very aggressively. Is this behavior due to the
spay, due to the two day absence, or simply due to the fact that
Frankie (the male) is a wierd cat?

Thanks for any input.

Paul Smith

Suzie-Q October 22nd 04 07:33 AM

In article ,
(Paul Smith) wrote:

- We just had our 5 month old kitten spayed. I know she was a bit young,
- but she had already gone into heat and she was leaving wonderful
- bloody-mucous puddles here and there (first time I've seen that with a
- cat). She was away for two days and our one year old male cat (we have
- four all told), who was her best buddy prior to the spay now hisses at
- her and bats at her very aggressively. Is this behavior due to the
- spay, due to the two day absence, or simply due to the fact that
- Frankie (the male) is a wierd cat?
-
- Thanks for any input.
-
- Paul Smith

Most likely because she doesn't smell like she did when she left.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

kaeli October 22nd 04 02:05 PM

In article ,
enlightened us with...
We just had our 5 month old kitten spayed. I know she was a bit young,
but she had already gone into heat and she was leaving wonderful
bloody-mucous puddles here and there (first time I've seen that with a
cat). She was away for two days and our one year old male cat (we have
four all told), who was her best buddy prior to the spay now hisses at
her and bats at her very aggressively. Is this behavior due to the
spay, due to the two day absence, or simply due to the fact that
Frankie (the male) is a wierd cat?

She stinks, to him. She smells of the vet, of medication, blood, and surgery.
She smells sick. And cats don't treat other cats who are sick very nicely a
lot of the time.
Take yesterday's shirt or nightshirt, rub it on all your cats, then rub it on
her. Then take a teeny bit of vanilla extract and put a drop on each cat. It
helps them all smell the same again.

This is very common when a pet goes for surgery.

HTH

~kaeli~
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Linda Terrell October 22nd 04 06:06 PM

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Smith) wrote:

- We just had our 5 month old kitten spayed. I know she was a bit young,
- but she had already gone into heat and she was leaving wonderful
- bloody-mucous puddles here and there (first time I've seen that with a
- cat). She was away for two days and our one year old male cat (we have
- four all told), who was her best buddy prior to the spay now hisses at
- her and bats at her very aggressively. Is this behavior due to the
- spay, due to the two day absence, or simply due to the fact that
- Frankie (the male) is a wierd cat?
-
- Thanks for any input.
-
- Paul Smith

Most likely because she doesn't smell like she did when she left.

My cats used to freak out when I brought my poodle back
from the groomer. They didn't recognize the smell.

LT