CatBanter

-   -   Do you know this cat? Reward (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89256)

Phil P. June 15th 08 08:05 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

cybercat June 15th 08 08:13 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

"Phil P." wrote in message
news:EJd5k.4382$WH.3901@trndny05...
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

Oh, Phil, I am so glad you found her. How is she now?

Lynne June 15th 08 08:53 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

Phil P. wrote:

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

Her leg looks off to me, or is that a trick of the camera? How is she
doing? Knowing how stressed my Levi gets if we just have company, I
cannot imagine the emotional suffering that girl is enduring, along with
her physical pain... That someone could abandon a cat like that makes me
FURIOUS. I know, welcome to reality, but JHC I hate people sometimes.

Phil, you are a saint. Truly.

Phil P. June 15th 08 09:40 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

"cybercat" wrote in message
. com...

"Phil P." wrote in message
http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

Oh, Phil, I am so glad you found her. How is she now?

She had to be euthanized. Its a horror story.

She was in excruciating pain from cancer of the bone in her right rear leg-
which understandably made her very aggressive- pain-induced aggression. Her
owners had her declawed recently ... at about 8 years old probably because
she was aggressive (from the pain). She had a recent incision wound on her
right rear leg where it appears a biopsy sample was taken.

Someone left her in shopping cart in a carrier in one of the Petsmarts where
we have an adoption center. When we took her out of the carrier, she favored
her right rear leg so we thought she might have had a broken leg or
fractured bone so I immediately took her to the emergency hospital. X-rays
revealed a mass in her leg which turned out to be an osteosarcoma which had
metastasized to her liver and lungs. The if the cancer didn't metastasize,
we might have been able to save her life or at least extend it with
amputation of the leg. But she was riddled with cancer and has been
suffering for months.

Call it whatever you like- but I want to find the people who allowed her to
suffer and then dump her. But I *really* want to find the vet who performed
the declaw surgery on cat that was already in pain.

Phil P. June 15th 08 09:43 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
Phil P. wrote:

http://maxshouse.com/urgent_matters/Julie_reward.htm

Her leg looks off to me, or is that a trick of the camera? How is she
doing? Knowing how stressed my Levi gets if we just have company, I
cannot imagine the emotional suffering that girl is enduring, along with
her physical pain... That someone could abandon a cat like that makes me
FURIOUS. I know, welcome to reality, but JHC I hate people sometimes.

Phil, you are a saint. Truly.

All I could for her was end her suffering. Her owners' are just beginning.

cybercat June 15th 08 11:10 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

"Phil P." wrote :

Call it whatever you like- but I want to find the people who allowed her
suffer and then dump her. But I *really* want to find the vet who
performed
the declaw surgery on cat that was already in pain.

Jesus, I am so sorry she went through this. I hope you find the
perpetrators.

Lynne June 15th 08 11:16 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

Phil P. wrote:

All I could for her was end her suffering. Her owners' are just beginning.

Phil, what a nightmare for that poor creature. I am sick to my stomach.
I can't imagine the rage you must feel over this.

Bless you for putting her out of her misery. I hope you are able to
identify the owners and the vet and take them to task.

I have co-workers in that area. I am going to send this information to
them and ask them to spread the word. I will contact you via email if I
get any leads.

Lynne June 15th 08 11:20 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

Lynne wrote:

I will contact you via email if I get any leads.

er, anyone with information will contact you directly. I have just sent
out a plea for help. I wish I could do something to help.

cybercat June 15th 08 11:35 PM

Do you know this cat? Reward

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
Lynne wrote:

I will contact you via email if I get any leads.

er, anyone with information will contact you directly. I have just sent
out a plea for help. I wish I could do something to help.

I think orange females are fairly rare. Maybe that will help identify her.

Lynne June 16th 08 12:29 AM

Do you know this cat? Reward

cybercat wrote:

I think orange females are fairly rare. Maybe that will help identify her.

That is a very good point. I've never met or even heard of an orange
female, not that I can recall.

That poor, poor, beautiful girl...