CatBanter

-   -   Another purr request (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2440)

Sam Nash March 19th 04 06:00 AM

Another purr request

Last night, my dear wife's Mom passed away. She had had Alzheimer's for
about 5 years and had been slowly going downhill. In some ways it was a
relief that she was out of her suffering, but it's always hard to "let Mom
go". Her Dad had passed away last April so it was just her Mom.

Ramona (DW) had been going down for two months 3 times a year to give her
older sister some respite from tending to their mother (we live in Seattle,
WA, USA - northwest corner of the "lower 48") and her parents live in
Alabama (Southeast US). She's been doing this for about 4 years now, and
had been down staying with her Mom for almost a month this trip.
Fortunately, she was there during Mom's "final moments". When her Dad
passed away, she was here (Seattle) so she didn't really get to "say
goodbye" in quite the same way.

Anyway, any purrs and prayers of comfort you can spare would be greatly
appreciated.
Sam

Takayuki March 19th 04 06:44 AM

"Sam Nash" wrote:

Ramona (DW) had been going down for two months 3 times a year to give her
older sister some respite from tending to their mother (we live in Seattle,
WA, USA - northwest corner of the "lower 48") and her parents live in
Alabama (Southeast US). She's been doing this for about 4 years now, and
had been down staying with her Mom for almost a month this trip.
Fortunately, she was there during Mom's "final moments". When her Dad
passed away, she was here (Seattle) so she didn't really get to "say
goodbye" in quite the same way.

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. It's good that Ramona could have
been with her in her last days. It's strange, but it's somehow been
more of a comfort to me when it happens that way. Purrs for you and
your family.

Steve Touchstone March 19th 04 07:05 AM

{{{hugs}}}

Sorry to hear the news. Soothing purrs for the family and friends

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Hopitus2 March 19th 04 07:05 AM

Comforting purrs and meatloaf meditations from south FL to your DW and her
loved ones.

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
: {{{hugs}}}
:
[...]
: --
: Steve Touchstone,
: faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky
:
: [remove Junk for email]
: Home Page:
: Cat Pix: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/animals.html

Yoj March 19th 04 08:03 AM

"Sam Nash" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs are on their way. Losing a loved one is never easy, even when it
is obviously a release for the loved one. I'm glad Ramona was there at
the right time.

Joy

JP Hobbs March 19th 04 08:55 AM

Sam, sending some healing Purrs to Ramona, glad she could
say goobye this time I didn't get to say goodbye to my sister
recently and its gut-wrenching,Hugs to you both Jean.P.

Yoj March 19th 04 09:08 AM

Purrs to you, too. It must be traumatic to lose a sibling, especially
when you didn't have a chance to say goodbye.

--
Joy

Life is what happens to you while you are planning to do something else.

Karen Chuplis March 19th 04 12:34 PM

in article , Sam Nash at
wrote on 3/19/04 12:00 AM:

[...]

Many comforting purrs. It's been a terribly tough year for you all. Give her
a big hug for us.

Karen

Victor Martinez March 19th 04 01:17 PM

Soothing purrs on the way.