CatBanter

-   Cat rescue (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   help with kittens? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22387)

Marjorie5 October 12th 04 05:20 PM

help with kittens?

Hello! I'm looking for some advice or help.

A cat has crawled under our car and had 4 kittens. We are not sure what to do.
We don't want to keep them, and we don't want them to get hurt. Suggestions? I
would rather not have to send them to the shelter, but don't know who else to
call.

Thanks.

Wendy October 13th 04 02:03 AM

"Marjorie5" wrote in message
Hello! I'm looking for some advice or help.

A cat has crawled under our car and had 4 kittens. We are not sure what to

do.
We don't want to keep them, and we don't want them to get hurt.

Suggestions? I
would rather not have to send them to the shelter, but don't know who else

call.

Thanks.

I don't know where you are located but if your in the US go to petfinder.com
and click on the link
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=4 type in your
zip code and it will give you a list of shelters and rescue groups. Browse
the list for rescue groups in your area and contact them to see if they can
help you.

Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi October 13th 04 01:36 PM

help with kittens?

Group: rec.pets.cats.rescue Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2004, 4:20pm (EDT+4)
From: (Marjorie5)
Hello! I'm looking for some advice or help.
A cat has crawled under our car and had 4 kittens. We are not sure what
to do. We don't want to keep them, and we don't want them to get hurt.
Suggestions? I would rather not have to send them to the shelter, but
don't know who else to call.
Thanks.

I hope you got them out from underneath the car?. I see what you mean
though about not wanting to keep them but do you think for now until you
find a rescue group that you could? Try a rescue group that takes only
ferral cats. Tell them there's this cat who just had babies & it's under
the car or was under the car until you saved them. They're not yours
Someone should come & get the mother cat & her babies & keep them until
the kittens are old enough to leave the mother & they'll be adopted.
Naturally mom & kitties will get their shots & be tested & mom will be
fixed. Yeah that's who to call. A cat rescue group that rescues ferral
cats..Good Luck

Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi October 13th 04 01:36 PM

Barbara October 14th 04 04:42 PM

From: (Marjorie5)
Hello! I'm looking for some advice or help.
A cat has crawled under our car and had 4 kittens. We are not sure what
to do. We don't want to keep them, and we don't want them to get hurt.
Suggestions? I would rather not have to send them to the shelter, but
don't know who else to call.
Thanks.

Where are you located???

barb

Barbara October 14th 04 04:42 PM

Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi October 15th 04 12:46 PM

Springfield,Mass area. Acually in West Springfield,Mass. There is a lady
that only does ferral cats but what she does is get te cat checked out
to make sure it doesn't have any feline diseases & if everything checks
out ok the cat gets all it's shots,gets fixed & something is done to the
tip of th cats ear so it can be identified again because in a day or 2
she releases it back where she got it. Something about if the cat isn't
back? & something about 40 more. Only heard it one time. Once in a while
she gets a ferral cat that can be adoptable. But she only rescues ferral
cats. She does most of her work in Springfield. There are humane traps
that are set up but if it's in someones yard she wants the owner's
wriiten permission