CatBanter

-   Cat rescue (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Getting one of my ferals to come back (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22416)

Sheri November 1st 04 12:01 AM

Getting one of my ferals to come back

Hi --- I've been getting a number of neighborhood cats neutered.
Several were feral and stuck around for a long time. I put out food
and beds on the front porch.

Two months ago, a big bully cat came along and started attacking my
three ferals. Two disappeared. I decided to take the bully in. He's
not feral and actually likes people. He also doesn't act nearly as
mean indoors, and I have a number of big male housecats that have put
him in his place.

A day after taking him in, one of my ferals (Mama Cat) came back.
However, Brutus never returned. It's been 6 weeks and I miss him so
much. I thought for sure he'd come back once the bully was no longer
loose.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been putting heated tuna out
hoping he'd pick up the scent. How far away can cats smell food? Is
there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Sheri