CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why did you pick a cat over a dog? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21096)

KiaSidhe February 2nd 04 05:21 PM

dunno. just don't like dogs.

i got my kitten cause it was living outside of where i work (walmart) and
our MATURE truck crew was throwing water at her to keep her out of the
docking bay.
she was probably thrown out by someone, and she came there when she smelled
spilled catfood.

then i found out she was not only thrown-water-at, but, she was kicked at.
and kicked (hit). so i told my fiancee to go get her.

he actually clocked out an hour early to get her and bring her home.

now she's the little heathen she was supposed to be. :)

----julia, and skittles (the cat, who is on my lap)

"Ablang" wrote in message
I'm curious what made you choose cats over dogs?

I prefer cats because I don't have to bathe them every so often. I also
like how I don't have to walk them (dogs love to get their paws all dirty
and roll around in gunk). Cats are usually smaller, and therefore eat

less
and have smaller poops. I just think generally that cats are more
attractive graceful creatures that naturally smell good. But let's hear
your thoughts on cats vs dogs.

--
"Hilary Duff is the covergirl for an international youth industry" --
Unknown

View the countdown for when Hilary Duff turns 18 (I know you're waiting

for
it):

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&month=09&year
=2005&hour=00&m

The next T-shirt slogan (seriously): "Is it chicken or is it tuna?"

DevilsPGD February 2nd 04 06:43 PM

In message Bob Brenchley.
did ramble:

You can walk them with a leash and harness.

What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
treated like dogs.

Why not? If they don't fight the leash/harness, why not do it?

M.C. Mullen February 2nd 04 07:22 PM

"KiaSidhe" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| dunno. just don't like dogs.
|
| i got my kitten cause it was living outside of where i work (walmart) and
| our MATURE truck crew was throwing water at her to keep her out of the
| docking bay.
| she was probably thrown out by someone, and she came there when she
smelled
| spilled catfood.
|
| then i found out she was not only thrown-water-at, but, she was kicked at.
| and kicked (hit). so i told my fiancee to go get her.
|
| he actually clocked out an hour early to get her and bring her home.
|
| now she's the little heathen she was supposed to be. :)
|
| ----julia, and skittles (the cat, who is on my lap)

Thanks so much for taking her in! Hope you'll be rewarded for that by
skittles and her friends!

Carola

M.C. Mullen February 2nd 04 07:22 PM

Bob Brenchley. February 2nd 04 07:27 PM

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:43:15 GMT, DevilsPGD
wrote:

In message Bob Brenchley.
did ramble:

You can walk them with a leash and harness.

What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
treated like dogs.

Why not? If they don't fight the leash/harness, why not do it?

Because they are CATS!

Ok, I've seen the odd rabbit on a lead, and a few goats. But a cat?
Perish the thought.

--
Bob.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it.

Cat Protector February 2nd 04 11:32 PM

Yes, they can be walked on a leash and harness. I have one for Isis. She can
explore the outside and I have peace of mind knowing she is safe because her
harness is a retractable one. She also got used to the harness and leash at
an early age.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:46:53 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

You can walk them with a leash and harness.

What? A Cat? They are not dogs you know so stop suggesting they can be
treated like dogs.

--
Bob.

Cats-V-Dogs

A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me....
They must be Gods!
A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide
me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.... I
must be a God!