CatBanter

-   -   Pounce Treats vomit (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=80970)

Richard Evans June 22nd 07 01:03 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

I have a little tortie named Motley who loves Pounce treats. When we
got her over a year ago she was very shy, wouldn't sit on a lap or
allow anyone to touch her, I softened her up by enticing her onto my
lap with Pounce treats.

She has mellowed considerably but still expects a nightly dose of
treats. Unfortunately, she has recently started vomiting within
minutes of having her treats. She doesn't vomit otherwise.

Any idea why the sudden sensitivity?

I hate to stop giving her the treats, but I hate cleaning up after her
too.

Spot June 22nd 07 01:12 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

Why not change brands of treats obviously something in them is causing her
an upset stomach.

Celeste

Richard Evans June 22nd 07 01:15 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

"Spot" wrote:

Why not change brands of treats obviously something in them is causing her
an upset stomach.

My question was: Since she's been eating them daily for over a year,
why would she suddenly become sensitive now?

MaryL June 22nd 07 01:27 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

"Spot" wrote:

Why not change brands of treats obviously something in them is causing her
an upset stomach.

My question was: Since she's been eating them daily for over a year,
why would she suddenly become sensitive now?

Have you checked the list of ingredients to see if there have been any
changes (or call the manufacturer to ask that question). If there have not
been any changes, then it's time to check with a vet. It's possible that
she has developed an allergy, but it is also possible that there is a
physical problem that needs to be diagnosed. Incidentally, many of these
"treats" include food coloring that cause some cats to have digestive
problems (but that may not explain why there has been a sudden change).

MaryL

cybercat June 22nd 07 01:37 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

"Spot" wrote:

Why not change brands of treats obviously something in them is causing
her
an upset stomach.

My question was: Since she's been eating them daily for over a year,
why would she suddenly become sensitive now?

Have you checked the list of ingredients to see if there have been any
changes (or call the manufacturer to ask that question). If there have
not been any changes, then it's time to check with a vet. It's possible
that she has developed an allergy, but it is also possible that there is a
physical problem that needs to be diagnosed. Incidentally, many of these
"treats" include food coloring that cause some cats to have digestive
problems (but that may not explain why there has been a sudden change).

She might just like them so much she eats them fast.

MaryL June 22nd 07 01:41 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

"Spot" wrote:

Why not change brands of treats obviously something in them is causing
her
an upset stomach.

My question was: Since she's been eating them daily for over a year,
why would she suddenly become sensitive now?

Have you checked the list of ingredients to see if there have been any
changes (or call the manufacturer to ask that question). If there have
not been any changes, then it's time to check with a vet. It's possible
that she has developed an allergy, but it is also possible that there is
a physical problem that needs to be diagnosed. Incidentally, many of
these "treats" include food coloring that cause some cats to have
digestive problems (but that may not explain why there has been a sudden
change).

She might just like them so much she eats them fast.

Yes, that's another possibility. I would be concerned, though, about why
this *suddenly* happened after eating them for a year.

MaryL

Richard Evans June 22nd 07 04:07 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

"cybercat" wrote:

She might just like them so much she eats them fast.

She only gets three nuggets at most. I cut her back to two, feeding
them one at a time, so I doubt that's it.

oldhickory June 22nd 07 08:35 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

some pounce was recalled: http://www.delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

cybercat June 22nd 07 08:46 AM

Pounce Treats vomit

"oldhickory" wrote in message
some pounce was recalled: http://www.delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html

I forgot about that! In fact, we had some of the "meaty morsel" kind at home
when they
were recalled.

Richard Evans June 22nd 07 04:44 PM

Pounce Treats vomit

"oldhickory" wrote:

some pounce was recalled: http://www.delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html

Thanks for that pointer. I hadn't even thought of that because several
other cats eat the same treats with no problems. Anyway, these treats
aren't in the recall.