CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Keeping a cat from running outside? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21586)

~*Connie*~ August 9th 04 02:08 PM

Keeping a cat from running outside?

only recommendation I have is to make outside as scary as possible for them.
Leave the door open on purpose one day with someone standing outside. the
second they step outside, make lots of loud obnoxious noises. You'll
probably have to do it several times over a course of some time.
"Loto" wrote in message
.org...
Hi,

I live in a townhome in a college town with two kittens (6 and 5 months
old), I have 4 other room-mates, and while they are excellent with the
cats, there was one occasion where a sliding glass door (leading onto a
deck) was left slightly open. Both cats got out, but were found quickly
when it was realized they ran. I was wondering if there is any product or
method from keeping the cats from getting outside. Gates aren't really an
option due to the width of our entrances. Any information would help.
Thanks,
Matthew

SDF Public Access UNIX System -
http://sdf.lonestar.org

Mimi Forsyth August 9th 04 07:56 PM

try firescreens?

Mimi Forsyth August 9th 04 07:56 PM

try firescreens?

calaf August 17th 04 04:59 AM

Have someone set off firecrackers at a safe distance from your door just
as you open it.

---MIKE--- August 19th 04 04:53 PM

Let the cat out when it is pouring rain preferably with thunder too.

---MIKE---

---MIKE--- August 19th 04 04:53 PM

kaeli August 19th 04 07:14 PM

In article ,
enlightened us with...
Let the cat out when it is pouring rain preferably with thunder too.

This can backfire if your cat has big balls (or thinks she does *LOL*).
I found out Rowan doesn't mind rain, thunder, snow, or ice. *G*
She was screaming to go on the balcony in the winter, with 6 inches of snow
piled up. I thought, 'I'll show her', and opened the door. The little dip
went out and started playing in it. I got a wet carpet. *sigh*
*grins*

~kaeli~
A man's home is his castle..., in a manor of speaking.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace