CatBanter

-   -   Cat pregnancy worries (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=65955)

Jimmyness December 31st 05 09:21 AM

Cat pregnancy worries

Ive been given this 10 month old cat from a friend to babysit for 2 months. She told me there was a chance she waz pregnant and just recently she's been starting to show so im pretty sure she is. Ive calculated the cat is due to give birth around the same time the owner is ready to take her home. Im just worried that a change in environment so close to (or even after) giving birth might cause the cat to stress and reject her kittens. If that is a possibility what would be the best thing to do. I also have worries about her haveing kittens so young, shez only a kitten herself compared to my two cats.

Jimmyness January 1st 06 03:15 AM

Any sugestions at all?

[email protected] January 1st 06 04:03 AM

Cat pregnancy worries

Jimmyness wrote:
I also have worries about her haveing kittens so young,
shez only a kitten herself compared to my two cats.
Jimmyness

If I may opine,

You should be more concerned with getting her into the vet, get her
fixed, and get a kitty abortion. We know there are thousands of animals
put to sleep every day so this is the logical humane responsible
alternative. Is she/he a responsible pet owner to allow her to get
pregnant in the first place? I'd make arrangements with the owner to
pay you back for the bill when they get home.

Best wishes, Karl.

[email protected] January 1st 06 07:25 AM

Cat pregnancy worries

Jimmyness wrote:
Any sugestions at all?

Yes, instead of bringing more cats into the world (who probably won't
get spay/neutered either, correct?) Go to your local animal shelter and
adopt a few cats so they don't get put to sleep for no reason other
than their owner did not get their Mom/Dad cats fixed either. You can't
see the vicious cycle with your eyes clamped shut tight!!!

Why don't you like this idea? Are your cats fixed? Do your cats have
vaccines up to date? Please be responsible, it's just humane, your
friend too.

Happy New Year, Karl.

Rhonda January 2nd 06 05:54 AM

Cat pregnancy worries

Hi there,

You might want to talk to a vet about this. Moving her and the kittens
when they are young will be upsetting to her, but I don't know how the
mother would react. I would at all possible try to keep the family in
the same place until they are older. That could put the burden on you
(but having kittens around can be a lot of fun as well as work...)

Rhonda

Jimmyness January 2nd 06 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by
Jimmyness wrote:
Any sugestions at all?

Yes, instead of bringing more cats into the world (who probably won't
get spay/neutered either, correct?) Go to your local animal shelter and
adopt a few cats so they don't get put to sleep for no reason other
than their owner did not get their Mom/Dad cats fixed either. You can't
see the vicious cycle with your eyes clamped shut tight!!!

Why don't you like this idea? Are your cats fixed? Do your cats have
vaccines up to date? Please be responsible, it's just humane, your
friend too.

Happy New Year, Karl.

Ok youve realy crossed the line, if you didnt realise i was talking about my friends cat here, i have no power over what should be done to the cat since it is not mine. How dare you assume my cats arnt taken care of! they have had evey vaccine and have been neutered as soon as they are old enough to be. I just spent one hundred and eighty fricken dollars treating a small dermatus on my cats nose. I have my own bank account solely so i can afford to give my pets everything they need, even when it comes to major operations. Yes i do understand how many cats are out in the world, thats why i saved my two cats from run down homes and a fate of being used as greayhound bait. I would adopt more cats but i have 42 pets overall and i dont think we'd want to have so many pets that they cannot all be cared for properly. So dont talk to me about being a resposible owner.

Makeing cruel assumptions just to make yourself feel better is just sad.
Now here's my assumtion, why dont you try giving a danm about all the other helpless animals in the world rather than keeping you narrow mind just on cats.

[email protected] January 3rd 06 03:54 PM

Cat pregnancy worries

Jimmyness wrote:
Ok youve realy crossed the line,

Sorry if I had offended you, you completely ignored my previous post
and could have easily said so much more nicely and briefly. I tried
checking your previous posts history so as not to "jump to conclusions"
but you have none under this name.

Makeing cruel assumptions just to make yourself feel better is just
sad.

Do I feel better? :)

Again since you -seemed- (by ignoring my post to not even consider
asking the owner about taking the cat to the vet and they can
re-emburse you when they return, and did not even answer the response I
took the time to respectfully write to you say the same thing, what
does it look like?

*Again, why don't you ask your friend about possible solution I
mentioned? (If you already did please just say so, you don't need to be
silent until you blow up again!)

Now here's my assumtion, why dont you try giving a danm about all the
other helpless animals in the world rather than keeping you narrow mind
just on cats.

I do what I can, I have a house full of cats, throwing dogs and other
critters would make it out of control (more so than it already is). I
have given generously to the ASPCA for hurricane rescue and continue to
do so, I'm sure they help all sorts of critters and I expect (hope)
they are honest as to where the money goes.

I too spent a couple hunderd clams on an outside cat that was
abandoned, starved, pregnant, and back to semi ferril. She is now
healty, fixed, would be homless stray kittens aborted, shots,
friendly/loving, and ready for a new home. That was not even MY cat,
you see, we all do what we can so you should not lecture me either, at
least I had the common curtosey to respond to your post. (Actually in
these times I call it "uncommon curtosey" ha ha)

Jimmyness

For all I know you may not even be such a rescuer of animals great and
small, you should know that a cat can have kittens in a junk yard
inside an old musty tire! (Not that I'd recommend it) Mulitplying is
not their weak point. But out of curtosey to you and the group I'll
assume your the kind soul you claim to be.

If I offended you, I again appologize, you could have responded earlier
with out the anger (gotta love message boards for that) and prevented
the entire rant. We are all (or should be) on the same side here, Great
Job on all the animals you help, You sond like a great person. GodSpeed
to you Sir.

Happy New Year, Karl.
honda ruehs at cox dot net (aol email is off / spam magnet)

[email protected] January 5th 06 02:19 AM

Cat pregnancy worries

Jimmyness,

How is the prego cat, did you talk to the owner? What did she say about
fixing her before it is too late. You both should be responsible while
there is still time! We don't need more kittens that wont' get fixed by
you guys! They mulitply like tribbles you know.

Please have the (un)common curtosey to respond when you ask for
opinions and not blow up again like earlier, lets be nice !

Be well, Karl.