CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   need pics of ringworm (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20552)

DeAnna July 23rd 03 04:11 PM

need pics of ringworm

Hold a 'blacklight' up to the area. Many (BUT NOT ALL) strains of ringworm 'fluoresce
(glow) under the blacklight.

Any areas 'denuded' of fur should be suspect. Ringworm is not a worm at all, but a fungus
that tends to grow in round patches. (Hence the misnomer).

Good luck. It IS contagious to humans. The good news-any remedy for athletes foot
(Tinactin, etc) will cure it on the humans. Apply several times a day to the affected area
until gone. Best to take the cat to the vet for treatment if ringworm is suspected.

D.

"Bloodykisses22" wrote in message
hi this may sound weird but if anyone knows of any site that has pics of
ringworm in cats could you please send it to me? i think my friends cat has
ringworm but we need to see what it looks like. if indeed what she has looks
like ringworm i will help to take her kitty to the vet,even if you have any
personal pics of a cat with ringworm would definaltely help just. if you have
any pics or know of a site with these pics please email them to me at
.

No One But Me July 24th 03 05:29 PM

if you have areas denuded of fur, also have the vet check them for feline
aids. mine was diagnosed with feline aids when it didn't fluoresce under a
black light & the vet did tests using scrapings to identify it.

good luck.