CatBanter

-   -   fur biting (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19308)

Simon Fitzpatrick August 31st 04 12:32 AM

fur biting

Hi
I have a small tabby female who keeps biting / scratching at the base of her
tail so that only very short fur grows there.She is a nervous cat but sat
steadfastly on the feet of my husband when he died recently,up until the
very time he was buried.
The skin looks OK where the fur is short but the tail looks like it belongs
to a poodle.She has been flea treated like the other cats who don't have any
problem.
Does anyone know how to make her stop.

Mary August 31st 04 01:04 AM

"Simon Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
Hi
I have a small tabby female who keeps biting / scratching at the base of

her
tail so that only very short fur grows there.She is a nervous cat but sat
steadfastly on the feet of my husband when he died recently,up until the
very time he was buried.
The skin looks OK where the fur is short but the tail looks like it

belongs
to a poodle.She has been flea treated like the other cats who don't have

any
problem.
Does anyone know how to make her stop.

When is the last time she saw a vet? She might have a skin condition,
or she might have an emotional condition due to her grieving for your
husband,
or another reason. If she is doing in because of a skin problem she might
stop when the condition is treated. If she is doing it because she is
depressed
or anxious, there are medications that can help that too. She sounds like
a wonderful girl. I'm very sorry about your husband.